Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint Ball Gun ???

Options
  • 04-10-2005 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭

I know its not a gun, but just wondering if any of you guys know if its all right with the law for me to own a paint ball gun in ireland ?

My brother in the usa will send me back one.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

It's a bit of a grey area, but I know a paintball site near me had to get a firearms licence and club authorisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It still counts as a firearm over here BC. There was an earlier thread about it in here, and one in the extreme sports forum here. Sorry it took so long to track down, our search engine's absent at the moment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

They are classed as firearms so being caught with an unlicenced one would be bad... Importing one would be very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Smirky

yup, basically the gardai treat it in the same way as a rifle or shotgun. I have done pretty extensive research on this due to an interest in opening a paintball arena. If you had one sent in the post it would be tantamount to illegally importing a weapon.

Ring your local garda station & talk to the firearms officer, they are usually quite approachable, they should give you the exact low down on an individual trying to get licenced. My info was gained for multiple purchase & i would need to get a gun dealers licence.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

if this is the case it would make sense for paintball companeis like skirmish and the likes to have clay shootin facilities as well seein that they would have the legal requirments

• Advertisement

True. Courtlough have started doing paintball recently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

DoH!

Thats great my brother has 2 guns over in the us and was sending me back a spider. I will tell him not to bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

id say you'd have no hassle getting a licence talk to your local super normally they'd be more than happy to help they aren't exactly legal unless you get hit in the eye and who's gonna use one to rob a bank in all honesty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShayHT

weren't Maplin (Blanch & Jervis St.) selling paintball guns in the summer?

Argos sold kids paintball guns what were then withdrawn after sombody nearly lost an eye. You can still get "blow pipe" ones in a few places.

• Advertisement
Advertisement