Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apple mac and dial up internet

• 04-10-2005 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

ok, so i'm still not able to connect to the internet using eircoms free dial up internet, and now i'm pretty sure this has to do with me using a mac. does anyone know what i can do? i'm only putting in the 1892150150 number or whatever, and it dials and dials and sits on the line for a while and then disconnects saying theres a modem error. i've changed every setting i can think of reguarding the modem, and nothing helped. so does this have something to do with ppp numbers? or soemthing? i've asked the few people i know who use mac's and they all say they have these problems too, and like can't get on the network at internet cafe's etc. so if anyone knows anything, i'd really appreciate it...

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

dialup is not Broadband then innit , go to the Mac board!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Just before you dash off to the Mac board I can confirm for you that there is absolutely no problem in using dial up with a Mac so you must be doing something wrong when setting up the connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It's nothing to do with having a mac.

You're setting the connection up wrong.

Perhaps if you told us which mac OS you are using it would help.

Have you googled for screenshots to show you how to setup a dial connection? Have you tried Eircom.net's help pages? I am sure they have instructions.

Advertisement