Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Sony Ericcson v800 mp3 ringtones

• 04-10-2005 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭

howdy from a total noob
    does anyone know if there is a way to get your own mp3's to play as ringtones.
    i haven't had any sucess,
    sorry if this has already been posted, i had a look through tthe forum but couldn't find anything on the v800 so thought i'd ask to be safe, if it's a double up can a moderator please close the thread and point me to the original :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Vodafones software doesnt allow for mp3 ringtones. Though if you convert the file to aac (by using itunes or something) it should work.
    At least that was the case for my 6630 and 6680.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

nah aacs don't work on the S.E. i can use amr but in fairness i bought a phone that can play mp3's i'm a bit p.o'ed that vodamafone decided i couldn't do it. it does seem to be a money making decosion rather than a copyright one(after all if i have the cd at home can i not play it on my phone, if not do i have to remove any non itunes mp3s from my ipod)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

you can use mp3's as ringtones you just have to buy them fro vfe

thats what i was wondering, bstrds, it's just a money making scam. does anyone know of any firmware updates for the v800 to replace the vodamafone rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

contact wolfman on these boards. im pretty sure he can flash it and debrand it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Seriously, why are Vodafone so gay? Ive had a 6680 and 6630 both unlocked and bebranded thank god, but it sickens me to see phones ruined with the vodafone generic sh1te menus in some of the lower class non smart phones and the restrictions in all of them

I think Wolfman had something about flashing it to the z800 firmware.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

i thinks its too do with drm mate... on the sony erisccon forums they have an app that encodes drms.. i tried it out & couldn't get it too work.... u should try that out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Its easy to do. you get a little program that "wraps" songs with the drm tags and they work fine. I think its on the se site.

Stekelly wrote:
    Its easy to do. you get a little program that "wraps" songs with the drm tags and they work fine. I think its on the se site.
    got the DRM packager on the SE site, thanks for the help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

got the DRM packager on the SE site, thanks for the help :)
    got a link m8

• Advertisement

wba88 wrote:
    got a link m8
    http://rapidshare.de/files/1020142/drmpackager1.2.1.zip.html
    this is a rapidshare version, you have to sign up to the sony ericsson site otherwise. :)

Advertisement