Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with photo shop

Options
  • 04-10-2005 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Can someone help me please, I'm using version 8 of photoshop (I'm also a noob to p'shop) and I want to cut out a face from a pic, so I pick the Pen tool and do my 10 million dots around the face, then I pick the move tool and try drag the new image to a new doc but all it brings over is the black shape that was around the face and not the actual face itself. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Are you sure you selected the right layer when you were cutting it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

No i'm not sure i just selected the Pen tool and started putting dots around the pic, from the first dot to each consecuative dot a solid follows covering the whole area I'm trying to cut out into a black shape, this is probably the problem but I don't know how to stop this happening. Is there a way I can reset all options to default? Maybe this will stop this happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Phat Chance

In PS7 you went to Filter->Extract but has that changed in 8? If it works use the higlighter to draw around the area to be extracted and then fill it in with the bucket. The edges will be fragmented when you extract it but don't panic, use the history brush and the eraser (I use a fuzzy brush, it makes it a tad nicer than the clean line) to tidy it up a little

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

In PS7 you went to Filter->Extract but has that changed in 8? If it works use the higlighter to draw around the area to be extracted and then fill it in with the bucket. The edges will be fragmented when you extract it but don't panic, use the history brush and the eraser (I use a fuzzy brush, it makes it a tad nicer than the clean line) to tidy it up a little
    Thanks I did this and it worked fine, it wasn't the way I was looking to do it but still looks good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Phat Chance

Glad to be able to help. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement