Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Wap Via Broadband?

• 04-10-2005 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if this is true...i have heard it is possible to surf the net via your home broadband connection using a bluetooth adapter. I have a SE T630.

thanks

Netz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

You can certainly do it with MS smartphones and BT and activesync....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

not with a T630... had it working for for Symbian devices (that used mRouter) and as secret_squirrel mentions for MS Smartphones / Pocket PC Phone Editions (using ActiveSync or those with a Bluetooth Stack on both sides that included Network Access)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alvis

Are there any midlets or java based programs that can do it too? Cause my phone isn't a smartphone :mad: but its got bluetooth and support for Java applications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

try checking out the new opera midlet browser (its still in beta I think). I reckon your biggest problem will be with the actual data connection rather than the browser though.

Think about it - SE had to consider that someone with BT/irda/cable would be willing to view web pages on their mobile even when they had a PC next to it with a broadband connection.

Even with my MS smartphone its more useful for installing apps to the phone than the actual web browsing. Plus it can be a pain to get working too.

Advertisement