Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy multiple unlocks batman!!!

Options
  • 04-10-2005 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭

Just got three unlocks in a row and promoted to staff sgt.
    Obviously something to do with the new patch but it was never mentioned.
    Was hilarious on the tig server when everyone was getting promoted for killing one person. Hopefully this is for real and not some hack like last time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Hahaha! What fun. I wonder if they'll be able to undo it...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

they changed the points requirements for promotions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I got 3 unlocks as well then earned a good conduct badge.

The shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

jaggeh wrote:
    they changed the points requirements for promotions

Seriously? I just jumped three ranks... Feels like im cheating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thats no fun at all!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Got another 4 unlocks & jumped up till Master Gunnery Sergant :confused:
    Only got the assault weapon to get now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

woo, i went from lance corporal to staff sergeant in the space of 1 round, roxor! :)

The original rank thresholds were a bit mental, you'd have to have no life outside of BF2 to get to master sergeant within 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Well, tbh, in the old system you'd have to play non-stop for 4 years to get to the top. So maybe they hope if its easier, there'll be less reason to stat-pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

same here, 1st kill got up a rank, only thing is after unlocking my new weapon I cant pick it in game, after disconnecting, restarting game etc :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

When you pick your kit, click the little double arrow icon to the top right of it to switch weapons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

no its not that, the actual icon for toggling weapons isnt lit up yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I had four unlocks for each account ( clan tags and no clan tags accounts) it was a bit weird playing for the first few minutes, "[insert name here] has been promoted to X" was filling up the top of the screen.

im a gunnery sergeant now :D
    i have all unlocks except PKM and G3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

So has anyone got any information as to what rank is co-ordinated with what amount of points??? I have almost 6000 points... what rank should I be by the new patch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Was on 2 differnet servers last night.....first one I was playing medic and won the round.....got gold medal and jumped about 2 positions....thought well must have unlock so disconnected from server and checked but nothing....hadnt even my gold medal....was pi**ed so hoped onto another server and started to get the same medals and so onl.;.....again played 2-3 rounds on this and was doing well....was getting late so said I would check again.....disconnected and checked and still no unlocks.....like wtf???

Oh yeah and these where ranked UK servers.....just random ones!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

What really cracks me up is that when the game first came out BF2 forums were full of people complaining about how it was going to take them years to get to the top rank. EA said that the scaling was based on actual BF1942 playtime. Now that it's been made easier, some are complaining as much as ever !

I think though that the officer ranks mentioned in the promos for the game will become available.

the stats server is massivly lagged, it took an hour or so for my promotions to come through.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

All the new ranks are now listed here already

http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php

The combat badges are also changed and much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Mighta been Master Sergant just i got :P
    First Sergant if get the explosives badge :)

Im nearly at Staff Sergeant but still only have one unlock...medic gun.....should I not have more?

http://bf2s.com/player/(NRG)Big_Nelly/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Big Nelly wrote:
    Im nearly at Staff Sergeant but still only have one unlock...medic gun.....should I not have more?

http://bf2s.com/player/(NRG)Big_Nelly/

Yes, you should have three unlocks, lance corp, corp and at sergeant respectively. The stats servers were being hammered last night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Amd today, I've had the same score for hours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Pongo

Got 3 unlocks as well, already had the Special Forces unlock, so went with the Assault and Medic. The Medic unlock is crap I think, and the thing about the assault unlock is you lose the grenade launcher. Haven't decided whether to go for the Anti tank or the Engineer for my last unlock (Sniper unlock is not an option as snipers are the spawn of the devil and deserve to die and rot in hell for all eternity).

Pongo wrote:
    Got 3 unlocks as well, already had the Special Forces unlock, so went with the Assault and Medic. The Medic unlock is crap I think, and the thing about the assault unlock is you lose the grenade launcher. Haven't decided whether to go for the Anti tank or the Engineer for my last unlock (Sniper unlock is not an option as snipers are the spawn of the devil and deserve to die and rot in hell for all eternity).

Played with the G3 for a bit last night and found I don't miss the grenade launcher. The antitank unlock, the DAO-12 turned out to be excellent in close range, so I'd presume the engineer unlock will be the same. Awful reload time though. And yes, snipers are unfit to live, so I stab them a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

Spear wrote:
    Played with the G3 for a bit last night and found I don't miss the grenade launcher. The antitank unlock, the DAO-12 turned out to be excellent in close range, so I'd presume the engineer unlock will be the same. Awful reload time though. And yes, snipers are unfit to live, so I stab them a lot.

Snipers for da win mate :cool: .... bestest class EVER!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

*sneak* .... *sneaky* .... *sneak* .... *sneak*

>first pressure<
    >time breathing<
    >second pressure<
    BAM!
    >confirm kill<
    >reload<

*sneaky-sneaky-sneak-sneak-sneak-sneak-sneak-sneak*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

SyxPak wrote:
    *sneak* .... *sneaky* .... *sneak* .... *sneak*

>first pressure<
    >time breathing<
    >second pressure<
    BAM!
    >confirm kill<
    >reload<

*sneaky-sneaky-sneak-sneak-sneak-sneak-sneak-sneak*
    >sneak up behind
    >take out shock paddles
    >ZAP
    >no more sniper

:D

Spear wrote:
    Yes, you should have three unlocks, lance corp, corp and at sergeant respectively. The stats servers were being hammered last night though.

Got them last night when I logged on....yeah seemed server was hammered so updates and so on where not working!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Agent47

new rank points sux if u ask me, i mean a friend of mine had worked for ages to get his first few ranks and then new patch came out and noobs were getting to his rank. i agree they needed to be lowered but i think theyr have been lowered too much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

So your friend progressed to another rank? The new rank system is brill, but they should do something for the players that have all the unlocks. What good are points to them?

Advertisement