Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

tdi tuning

Options
  • 04-10-2005 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

has anyone used anything by tunit or tuning box??

i'm wondering what the best way of chipping my a4 110bhp actually is?

i'm hearing a lot of expensive hocus pocus so my questions are as follows;

1) who is the best person in southerly counties?

2) how much?

can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Know a lad that mapped his A4 130bhp TDI to roughly 207BHP in Galway...
    Cost him about a grand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Ronan what else did he do to the car, you can't get 77 horses out of just a remap. Not even the best remap companies claim over 160HP on the 130 PD engine. A remap costs about 3 or 400 euro's so I'm guessing he did other things with the rest of the money
    cantdecide wrote:
    i'm wondering what the best way of chipping my a4 110bhp actually is?

I'd recommend an ECU remap. you'd get about 32HP out of a simple remap from a company like REVO or Upsolute

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Going to be getting my 2.0TDI 140bhp remapped as soon as revo or superchips bring out their diag port SPS dongle solutions. Should get between 180-190bhp. Why so high. Well apparently a 2.0tdi 140 that actually puts out 140 is a very rare thing. Seems Vag are conservative in there power ratings. Any 2.0tdi owner who has had his RR has had 150-155bhp standard. 400nm....feel the torque!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

I'm thinking of getting these guys to do my Rover 75 cdt. One of them flys over here every month or so especially to deal with Irish customers. Reckons he can put another 30-35bhp on my current 114bhp, GBP£350 is the charge.

Whats nice though is while he has remaps for almost anything he'll spend a while with you on the road to tune your own engine to whatever you're comfortable with. I know some have taken this engine to 162bhp with no problems.

(Actually has anyone got Logic Automotive to handle the remap? It says they charge €450 for the service and my car is on the upsolute list.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

PM me your email address and I will send you a flyer I got from a few guys.....there email address is powerboxtuning@eircom.net

info here for a 1.9Tdi 90Bhp Passat
    The PowerBox Kit, including a K&N filter for your 90Bhp would cost 430.00 including postage, and would raise your Bhp to120 Bhp.

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote:
    The PowerBox Kit, including a K&N filter for your 90Bhp would cost 430.00 including postage, and would raise your Bhp to120 Bhp.

Thanks for the offer but i'd prefer a remap rather than the box for a variety of reasons. Anyone got an actual remap from LogicAutomotive then? (Or anyone else?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

What are the side effects of remapping a TDI?

Insurance?
    Smoke?
    Engine lifespan?
    MPG?
    NCT?

Has anyone who has remapped their engine done 200k troublefree miles? I am contemplating buying an Octavia, but logic would suggest that if VW only rate the standard 1.9 TDI at 105BHP its enough for it, and getting more power/torque is only asking for trouble down the road.

Has anyone insured a remapped car and told the truth to the insc co (I really dont buy the argument that if you remove the chip after a crash they have no way of knowing, but I stand to be corrected)?

maidhc wrote:
    What are the side effects of remapping a TDI?

Insurance?
    Smoke?
    Engine lifespan?
    MPG?
    NCT?

Has anyone who has remapped their engine done 200k troublefree miles? I am contemplating buying an Octavia, but logic would suggest that if VW only rate the standard 1.9 TDI at 105BHP its enough for it, and getting more power/torque is only asking for trouble down the road.

Has anyone insured a remapped car and told the truth to the insc co (I really dont buy the argument that if you remove the chip after a crash they have no way of knowing, but I stand to be corrected)?

You'll find a lot of the reasons for the manufacturer being conservative with ratings in the faqs of the above sites but depending on model the car is often capable of a lot more. For example the 114bhp diesel in my Rover 75 is a detuned BMW 3-series diesel that was done like that for more political reasons than anything (i.e. BMW owned Rover at the time and didn't want the car to perform as well as their own car).

A remap as opposed to a tuning box cannot be dedected except with some very sophisticated equipment and even then you'd have to specifically go looking for it and know exactly what it should be like in the first place. After all it's simply a re-write of the info on a computer chip in the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Bluehair wrote:
    Anyone got an actual remap from LogicAutomotive then? (Or anyone else?)

I got my TDI Leon done with them, went from 110BHP to 141BHP. Torque went from aprox 170 lb/ft to 264 lb/ft :D
    It took about 2 hours for the job, and most of that was waiting for Upsolute to send us with the software to upload to the car. Well worth the 360 squids

ando wrote:
    I got my TDI Leon done with them, went from 110BHP to 141BHP. Torque went from aprox 170 lb/ft to 264 lb/ft :D
    It took about 2 hours for the job, and most of that was waiting for Upsolute to send us with the software to upload to the car. Well worth the 360 squids

Sounds good, though he quoted me €400 and roughly 4 hours! Anything to do round Lucan while i wait? :D

I'm prob gonna book it in for next Thursday, getting her serviced tomorrow so will report back on how it works out.

Once he had the software how long did the actual remap take and did you get a change to go for a test drive to approve etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Bluehair wrote:
    Actually has anyone got Logic Automotive to handle the remap? It says they charge €450 for the service and my car is on the upsolute list.

Anyone use Logic Automotive?

If so, how was the service/price/result?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Bluehair wrote:
    I'm thinking of getting these guys to do my Rover 75 cdt. One of them flys over here every month or so especially to deal with Irish customers. Reckons he can put another 30-35bhp on my current 114bhp, GBP£350 is the charge.

Whats nice though is while he has remaps for almost anything he'll spend a while with you on the road to tune your own engine to whatever you're comfortable with. I know some have taken this engine to 162bhp with no problems.

(Actually has anyone got Logic Automotive to handle the remap? It says they charge €450 for the service and my car is on the upsolute list.)
    Got mine remapped with logic automotive for 400 euros
    they charge the same for all ,that want l was told,happy with it,would recommend them

podge3 wrote:

they say 4 hr in case of delay as all remapps come from main office,took them for me 2.5 hrs,couple of cafes about 10 mins walk away from them

podge3 wrote:

al where good
    if any thing ,l have too much power now as its easy to spin wheels
    peter was good and told how it works,what in volved
    used superchips before ,twice ,and found logic alot better,
    first time got super chips ,had probs,had to superchips to remapp and second time ,found the pre running on of engine and had to get it done again
    sty from all tuning boxs,not worth the money and will cause you probs,fast and simple is remapping of ecu,if you dont like ,can be remapp back to what it was,but you will like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

I just checked Logic Automotive's website. I see the also do
    "Recalibration and mileage correction" (to the Motor trade only...)
    I wonder in what % of instances is this 'service' which they describe as
    "If your speedometer or instrument cluster is faulty, or purchased new or second hand and needs to be set to the original / correct mileage then we can correct the mileage reading for you" bona fide?

That asides, in their vehicle database for Upsolute Chiptuning + ECU Remapping they use a picture of an early Lamborghini Diablo prototype (with the side lights set inboard on the bumper) to illustrate a Ferrari F40. Dummies!;)

regardless what they use as pictures of cars,as long as their services are good,who cares
    if you have questions ,ring them or e-mail them
    happy with what l got done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

What car did you have done, KelticKnight?

I'm thinking of having my Rover 75 CDTi done.

I think Bluehair had his Rover done, if he is around to comment.

got a jeep cherokee 2.5 crd
    from 143 bhp to 173 bhp
    294 torque from 253

Advertisement