Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why am I banned from the games forum?

Options
  • 04-10-2005 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Last topic I posted was a topic about a legal program for Symbian phones.

Last post about Halo I think.

Now I can't access forum?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

did you PM the mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Ah you should know better Mobile!!!! Feedback Abuse!

We complain about newbs doing this :D ....did you not pm the mods of games first?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Last topic I posted was a topic about a legal program for Symbian phones.

Last post about Halo I think.

Now I can't access forum?

Here's a tip. Threatening to kill the games Catagory moderator and then following it up with patronisation is an easy way to get banned from there. It's permanent. Find some other place to discuss games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Amp,

I sent you a message saying "Your impending death", with "Watch your back, punk"

Followed by

"You young whippersnappers these days"

Followed by

"Dont disturb the balance of the force young luke....amp"

I think that makes it clearly a joke. Perhaps in bad taste but a joke and you know it. I dont think its banning offense, I mean I thought you'd take the joke being the mod of the cuckoos nest and all....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Mmm, perhaps in bad taste. What did your initial message mean then?

Please keep in mind that the last person I know to definitely post an actual threat (for people to watch out at the next boards beers) was site-banned by me for being an arse and he isn't coming back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

I sent you a message saying "Your impending death", with "Watch your back, punk"

Jeebus - I would say you should keep your head down and hope to avoid a siteban tbh. Death threats - even in jest - arent funny.

Personally if I had made a fúckup of such massive proportions Id be streaming apologies from every orifice.

It was a joke. I think someone saying "Your impending death" is hardly serious when we have no reason Itd be different if I had just been banned but Ive never directly spoken to amp in the last few months. That in itself would suggest it was a bit of a joke....coming from me, a regular user.. I've never threatened anyone from a PM before. I think as well my following messages CLEARLY show that it was a joke.

I know amp doesnt like me but I dont want to be site wide banned for something so silly. I'll accept the ban provided it isnt extended further, that would be even worse taste then my original "joke" I think youll agree.

Also, I'm not an arse and am not a new user either, and please keep in mind it was meant as a joke and again I think my following messages are clearly without any question a joke and reinforce the whole thing as a joke....which I think amp knows but thats an other story entirely....

anyway, sorry...

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS, I WAS BANNED FOR THE PM, NOT BEFORE THE PM, IN CASE ANYONE THINK I WAS THREATENING HIM AFTER A BAN

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It was a joke. I think someone saying "Your impending death" is hardly serious when we have no reason Itd be different if I had just been banned but Ive never directly spoken to amp in the last few months. That in itself would suggest it was a bit of a joke....coming from me, a regular user.. I've never threatened anyone from a PM before. I think as well my following messages CLEARLY show that it was a joke.

I know amp doesnt like me but I dont want to be site wide banned for something so silly. I'll accept the ban provided it isnt extended further, that would be even worse taste then my original "joke" I think youll agree.

Also, I'm not an arse and am not a new user either, and please keep in mind it was meant as a joke and again I think my following messages are clearly without any question a joke and reinforce the whole thing as a joke....which I think amp knows but thats an other story entirely....

anyway, sorry...
    Feb 2005

What's not new about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

sounds like a crappy joke and a misunderstanding to me.

I think you should be begging for forgiveness MI

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

/me looks at surf control and ponders banning 82.195.136.36 decisions decisions.

• Advertisement

RuggieBear wrote:

Thats exactly it. I mean it would be different if it was malicious text after Id been banned. But I was banned FOR the PMS which were just bad taste, and it was extremely obvious by the following pms it was a joke....but I told amp i'm sorry, and i did beg for a non sitewide ban, whether he/she cares is up to him, what more can i do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

I know my opinion counts for nothing but as a mildly interested observer - I havent seen anything in your previous posts that looks anything like an apology to me. But then these poor eyes are getting on a bit....

I know my opinion counts for nothing but as a mildly interested observer - I havent seen anything in your previous posts that looks anything like an apology to me. But then these poor eyes are getting on a bit....

I PM'd amp directly....your eyes are fine....although I think there is a small sorry in there anyway up there somewhere....but its to amp I say sorry, so I pm'd amp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I presume it was by PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

RuggieBear wrote:

What he said.

On a different note, I like your tag line ;)

MobileInfantry
    I paid money for this

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Amp,

Followed by

"You young whippersnappers these days"

Followed by

"Dont disturb the balance of the force young luke....amp"

I think that makes it clearly a joke. Perhaps in bad taste but a joke and you know it. I dont think its banning offense, I mean I thought you'd take the joke being the mod of the cuckoos nest and all....

im not sure what youre point was in sending the PM in the first place, but youre a fúcking spanner for sending a PM with that in it.

that was just stupid.

as far as i can see, out of any context, your PM is harrassment and threatening, and you would be banned straight off sitewide.
    and we have seen it happen.
    and we have seen people tell us they were joking too.

what makes you special?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Sending a death threat to a CMod isn't gonna win you any friends...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

gazza22 wrote:
    We complain about newbs doing this
    mobile infantry is a n00b, and a kn0b if this is anything to go by.

I don't see anything in your subsequent messages that would make me believe you were joking, merely as amp already pointed out, patronising. Threatening people is beyond low, joking or not. How can anyone know when you're joking or not? They can't and any threats should be deemed as serious, unless you know the person in real life tm.

If I were you though, I would start practicing apologising, and by practice, I don't mean type the first fickle thing that comes into your head, I mean genuinely convincingly, and actually being sorry.

I have seen you post some stupid ****, but thats the stupidest tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I'll accept the ban provided it isnt extended further

TBH I don't think you're in a position to bargain. I'm with the people who say you should be ****ting apologies out of every hole in your body. That was, even if it was a joke, horrendously distasteful and unfathomably stupid.

What were you thinking? :confused:

Mobile Infantry, how exactly did you amass 4,581 posts over the course of 8 months? It's just not possible!

• Advertisement

Have a look at his last few posts when they turn searching back on, then you'll see how, it's amazing how much your post count can go up thanks to mindless drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Gather ye mighty admins, ecksor, regi, Cloud, Vexorg and DeVore.

we the undersigned hereby petition you to use your almighty powers to change MobileInfantry's name to MobileInfancy, albeit only temporarily. For precedent I cite the amp/pam charity name altering. This would surely be a just and fitting punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

this behaviour isn't surprising in the least, I knew there was a good reason I had this guy on ignore :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

the threat mobile made sounded pretty harmless to me, what started off that comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

He shouldn't be making threats in the first place.
    Bit of a moron it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

You shouldnt of sent that Pm , makes you look like a tool.
    Also you should know far better then posting here saying why was i banned , get a help desk ticket !

Shabadu wrote:

we the undersigned hereby petition you to use your almighty powers to change MobileInfantry's name to MobileInfancy, albeit only temporarily. For precedent I cite the amp/pam charity name altering. This would surely be a just and fitting punishment.

Here, Here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Shabadu wrote:

Aye but Amp did volunteer for it (after much cajoling). His profile shouldn't be changed without his consent.
    I've asked in the past and it's been argued that a users profile is sacrosanct

here is when i requested something similar:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=291171

not strictly the same but still....

Of course if MI was to step forward and ask for his name to be changed as an act of penance.....

I don't know why everyone is going for the benefit of the doubt option...

He is a long way from demonstrating that he's sorry, and indeed just keeps bleeting on about how it was a joke.

Not so funny now, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Also, I'm not an arse and am not a new user either

Can we get back to you on this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement