Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why am I banned from the games forum?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

So if I or anyone pm somebody out of the blue and issue a death threat, but then later say "I was only joking!! lol", I shouldn't get a ban?
    I think any kind of threats like that should be a sitewide ban, if the Admins make an exception this time it'd be a bad thing.
    You're number of posts/join date/knowing people from the boards in real life (who might vouch for you) should be meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

BuffyBot wrote:
    Can we get back to you on this?

Lovin' the sig,BuffyBot. Slick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

lafortezza wrote:
    You're number of posts/join date/knowing people from the boards in real life (who might vouch for you) should be meaningless.
    As it was in the last case, if I am thinking of the correct poster.

MI, the question is not so much "why are you still banned", as "why are you still here?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

lafortezza wrote:
    knowing people from the boards in real life (who might vouch for you)
    Just to clear up, I don't even know if you took that from me, but when I said that about knowing the person I meant where the person making the threat knows the person being threatened, thereby the threatened person knows it is a joke.

I full agree with your interpretation though, if the person being threatened doesn't know the threat maker, then how the hell is he/she supposed to know how it was intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

I don't know Mobileinfantry whatsoever but I've had a few dealing with him in the shop forumns and encountered him on numerous threads. To me calling all his posts drivlle and such wouldnt' seem to be fair. As far as I can see he is/was a decent contributor to the site as a whole. Just my thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭1

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS, I WAS BANNED FOR THE PM, NOT BEFORE THE PM, IN CASE ANYONE THINK I WAS THREATENING HIM AFTER A BAN

So you admit threatening a ding a ling...ing... him.

Next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

As far as mobileinfancy goes, fine, fine by me, do you think a pathetic name really matters to me? What matters to me staying is staying on boards because quite frankly I love the community.

To call all my posts mindless drivel is also unfair. I write as many normal/long/short messages as many other people. Are my opinions and postings drivel simply because they aren't shining pearls of wisdom?

As for the demonstrating I'm sorry? Am I supposed to be apologising to you guys, or Amp? I've PM'd amp several times accepting the ban and asking forgiveness. What more do you want? A mobileinfantry newsletter addressed to everyone?

As for your analaysis of my behaviour mennoch, are you sure your talking about me, because I sure as god don't recall ever conversing with you....

As for my post count, is it a crime to love boards that I post 20 messages a day? I think not.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Not often I'd step in here, but I think MobileInfantry is generally okay. Okay - so sometimes his posts are drivel, but my posts are drivel all the time, and so are those of a few other members, hardly worth dragging that up in my opinion.

He sent what was obviously a jokey pm to amp, but it was not in good taste and was not well received, but tbh, I've gotten a few dodgy pm's in my life on boards and these things just happen. If he has pm'd amp to apologise ( which he better have) then that should be enough, ( it would have been for me, but then again its each to their own opinion on these things especially).

Eh...that really was exceptional drivel from me that time, wasn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

A MobileInfancy newsletter might do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Right I actually bothered to read this and no matter who you are subscriber or not there is no call for random messages especially with content like that.

3 week site wide ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Am I supposed to be apologising to you guys, or Amp? I've PM'd amp several times accepting the ban and asking forgiveness. What more do you want? A mobileinfantry newsletter addressed to everyone?
    I could do without a mobileinfantry newsletter to be honest.

I'm sure you're generally OK but that's not the point - you've managed to waste the time of more than one person on this and while you may not be an arse as you say, you've managed to act the arse, even as a joke as you profess.

Asok's ban is fair and deserved. If I hadn't been busy drinking you'd have received something similar from me based on the responses. I suspect that complaints will be directed mentally to dev/null so I'd sit out the ban and count yourself slightly lucky that you got what you got.

Amp's ban which may well outlive the site ban is also fair and deserved. It's unacceptable behaviour to be honest. It isn't our function to be sitting around working out that when someone said X they really meant Y when it's presented as you have done so if the worst thing that comes out of this stupid behaviour by you (not neglecting to mention that I never got an answer to my question) is that you're banned from the Games catefory for a long time or forever I think you should consider to be a wee bit lucky there too.

Do not reregister to evade the three-week ban, do not pass Go. And I think we're done.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Asok wrote:
    3 week site wide ban.

he's lucky it was you who banned him asok
    anyone threatened me like that it would be a life ban.
    No good using a second PM to say it was a joke, getting a threat like that from nowhere would upset anyone of us.
    So not funny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement