Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom E-mail addresses

• 04-10-2005 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just got the Eircom Business starter package.

I want to know if you get any free e-mail addresses with this and how i activate them?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm curious to why you got Business Starter package when you could have got BT Business for 45e with no cap, static IP etc.
    Any particular reasons?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes you do get free email addresses.

But you must register your BB product here first:
    http://autoreg.eircom.net/dsl/

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

what do you get with the normal business package?

no download cap? whats the speed?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

what do you get with the normal business package?

no download cap? whats the speed?

Sadly its only 1MB/256K, but imho that bigger upload makes it more useful then 2MB/128K that eircom offers,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

I'd probaly recommend you don't use the eircon emails either. If you move in the future, you loose the address.
    There are plenty around that are not tied to a product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

amby666 wrote:
    I'd probaly recommend you don't use the eircon emails either. If you move in the future, you loose the address.
    There are plenty around that are not tied to a product.
    No you dont. I have several Eircom email addresses for years and haven't lost any despite many isp changes. Currently with BT.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

kaizersoze wrote:
    No you dont. I have several Eircom email addresses for years and haven't lost any despite many isp changes. Currently with BT.

You can continue to recive email on the eircom addresses, and they don't expire, but you wont be able to send mail from them once you switch to a different ISP.

robinph wrote:
    You can continue to recive email on the eircom addresses, and they don't expire, but you wont be able to send mail from them once you switch to a different ISP.
    Yes you can. You just change the outgoing mail server to your new isp in outlook express.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

kaizersoze wrote:
    Yes you can. You just change the outgoing mail server to your new isp in outlook express.

Which means that your outgoing mail is going from a different address than the incoming mail. Personally I just use my own domain name and get it redirected to whatever the ISP is that I happen to be using.

robinph wrote:
    Which means that your outgoing mail is going from a different address than the incoming mail. Personally I just use my own domain name and get it redirected to whatever the ISP is that I happen to be using.
    Which means you can still send and receive email using an Eircom email address using a different ISP, which make your original post incorrect. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement