Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont tell me EA have borked up another patch

Options
  • 04-10-2005 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any problems?

I've had my fair share of BF2 problems, but this one takes the buscuit.

Whatever team I join, I show up as RED on my own friggin team. Got team killed 10 times in a row, makes no difference what side I join.

Anyone else get this, or as usual is my copy just ****ed up AGAIN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

crikey... thankfully this hasnt happened to me. (yet!).
    Am liking all the new touches so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

since this new patch i keep loosing connection after being on server about 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

no serious problems (yet) except I did get that red name over friendly folk, tk'd 2 guys without looking at there uniform, just seen red, and im here now posting because (you guessed it) excessive teamkilling. Wait now to get back in :( feckin raging too, was playing a great round, sniping guys waaay of in the fog with headshots :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Guys, the wrong tags have nothing to do with the new patch, as the were a problem before. I was told that it has something to do with the server you are on. I got it lots, also had the opposite team with blue tags which was very annoying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

heggie wrote:
    since this new patch i keep loosing connection after being on server about 30 seconds.

I have always had this since the start of the Demo when I reported the problem when trying to connect to the TIG server....when full game was released it seemed to be only happening on the TIG server.....you connect to server....loads up.....bring to map where you pick spawn and then just as you are about to pick spawn you get "There is a problem with your connection" and then it hangs for 10-30 secs and then kicks you back onto BF2 desktop.....was only a problem with TIG servers but in the last few weeks it has started to happen more regularily with UK servers as well.....I have checked pings and so on and doesnt seem to be the problem.......

Which BB are you with? I think it is becasue UTV is sh*t......so I am changing hopefully to Metro which will give me better upload/download times at same price....once I have it confirmed I am inline with the tranmitters I will put it in and see does that help.....anyone with metro already have this problem?

So far of what I have seen on patch it is class!! liek the changes!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

for what its worth i got it fixed. I had dmz on, but it wasnt enough for bf2, i had to forward the ports seperately in my router config and now works.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Guys, the wrong tags have nothing to do with the new patch, as the were a problem before. I was told that it has something to do with the server you are on. I got it lots, also had the opposite team with blue tags which was very annoying...

have heard of it before, but have only had it happen last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Putting your PC in a DMZ is not a great idea, cos it leaves it open to a much wider range of threats from the outside. Hope you have decent firewall software running on the PC too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i regularly get that "Problem with your connection" issue. Have had it since the start with the 1.02 patch. Have BT broadband plus. Ping are normally very good to irish and uk servers. only firewall i have running while playing is the window xp one.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Go into your firewall, remove the BF2 from the "Allowed list", add BF2 to your "Allowed list", and it should then work. This is what I had to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

the_syco wrote:
    Go into your firewall, remove the BF2 from the "Allowed list", add BF2 to your "Allowed list", and it should then work. This is what I had to do.

I dont use Firewall on PC....have a Firewall on wireless router which protects PC on network.....have opened up all the ports as requested on BF website and still have problem.....things it is UTV,......when I change to Metro and if I am still having a problem...>EA will feel my wrath!!

Advertisement