Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Tickets

• 04-10-2005 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

How on earth do I get them? And what are my chances? Can someone explain simply how it works? What are my chances on seeing Brazil?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

What are our chances of seeing ireland?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Tickets have already been sold. they went on sale a few months ago on a lottery type basis where you put your name down on the World Cup website and hoped you got drawn out for some tickets. Im pretty sure if we make it we will be allocated some tickets for the game but not sure how that works but it wont be much for each match. If Ireland dont make it then you wont be able to get tickets as they are already sold.

If your willing to pay crazy prices there are some sites selling tickets at the moment for ridiculous prices. Just Google it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

On this site here for example its €1850 for tickets to Irelands 3 group matches should they qualify. You might find them cheaper somewhere im just using it as an example.

WORLD CUP TICKETS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

On the fifa website, they talk about selling more at a later stage...will it be possible to buy tickets for the Brazil games??? I really really want to go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Theres always loads of empty seats at the WC, especially the group games. I reckon you'd pick up tickets handy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

In Germany or do u mean ebay or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Kingp35 wrote:
    On this site here for example its €1850 for tickets to Irelands 3 group matches should they qualify. You might find them cheaper somewhere im just using it as an example.

WORLD CUP TICKETS
    That sort of **** makes me sick. I can't stand touts. I'd love to find the person actually selling these and punch him flat in the nose.

I've got the follow-my-team tickets, all the way to the semis :) we better bloody qualify now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

cheesedude wrote:
    In Germany or do u mean ebay or something?
    Lots of matches wont even sell out. I don't know about Brazil now, but despite their huge population, I'm sure there are plenty of Brazilians that won't be able to make the trip to Europe for financial and logistical reasons.

That's why the likes of our tickets have sold out, we are a well-off nation and you could drive there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

There's a 3rd round of tickets going on sale in December, but I think it's just first come first serve. I'm living in Cologne for the year, so I'm just going to try and get tickets to all the 5 games taking place there. Would be sweet if I got a big team... of course not as sweet as getting Ireland tickets. Also getting England would be great, get drunk and support the opposition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

That sort of **** makes me sick. I can't stand touts. I'd love to find the person actually selling these and punch him flat in the nose.

I've got the follow-my-team tickets, all the way to the semis :) we better bloody qualify now :rolleyes:

I got those for UEFA2004 and had over 3 grand taken from my credit card as I ended up with category 1 tickets. Then they didnt qualify and I got the money back a few months later.

Thought I would wait and see what happened this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Theres always loads of empty seats at the WC, especially the group games. I reckon you'd pick up tickets handy enough.
    Maybe when the games are in England, USA or Korea, but not when they are in Germany, a simple drive away for 3/4 of the qualified nations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

CiaranC wrote:
    Maybe when the games are in England, USA or Korea, but not when they are in Germany, a simple drive away for 3/4 of the qualified nations.

I know its a long time ago, but we got into euro 88 no problem. Any of the tournaments since have always had empty seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I applied for first round draw for follow my tickets through the FIFA site, and didn't get them, even though I applied for them the very first day. Not too bothered now anyway (I will be if we qualify)

However, from what I remember, all tickets are being issued with passport details taken etc... and will be inspected at matches. So I'd be very careful buying tickets from touts, I don't think you'll get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Culchie wrote:
    I applied for first round draw for follow my tickets through the FIFA site, and didn't get them, even though I applied for them the very first day. Not too bothered now anyway (I will be if we qualify)

However, from what I remember, all tickets are being issued with passport details taken etc... and will be inspected at matches. So I'd be very careful buying tickets from touts, I don't think you'll get in

They just reserve the right to check, same as the last two UEFA + FIFA tournaments. Realistically it's unlikely they'll check and to get around this in the off chacne that they are checked the online touts will most likely issue a simple non photo ID card which matches the touted ticket.

Advertisement