Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: 2X03 - "Orientation" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It was decent. We got *some* explanation, and it's about bloody time. Naturally though the writers felt fit to convey it mysteriously: "There was an.. event". Really? And is there a particular reason you just shove someone onto the island and don't tell them something more for no good reason other than the writers need a 24 episode run? And please, since they're scientists, "faith" isn't a good answer for the original film.

Best of the back stories so far too, but that's because Locke's a good character. I actualy like him and I really hate Jack. He's a cnut so far this season - his treatment of Locke is abhorrent. He was almost gleeful when Locke was about to be killed. Asswipe. He also succumbed too easily to the whole "faith" malarky - he should have stuck by his guns and let the counter hit zero. That'd teach the lot of 'em for trying to teach someone a lesson about belief systems!

Hurley - "Aww crap". You're still kewl :)

The Others thing? Jin just heard "the Others" being bandied about and worked it out. I never once thought he suddenly knew English and still don't. Rodriguez thing was pretty obvious but executed reasonably well (but not a patch on the betrayals that "Alias" gives - I mean some people here clearly haven't strayed much outside of mainstream dramas if they think "Lost" is amazing when it indulges in some of the most clichéd and tried genre staples). Could be interesting, assuming they're all 815 survivors (although they could equally have intercepted the S1 distress call and known the details from that).

We'll see where it goes. Better than last week, just not wow wow. A 7/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Ok best ep so far in the new season , I so cant stick having to wait a week :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

ah the ep wasn't that great a HUGE anti climax... it did't leave you wondering it just ended after a *shocking* moment.. meh is the word i'd use to describe it...

o and just thinkin about something.. you know the way the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 added up make 108... well if you multiply them you get 7418880... now ya know back in school you typed in 0.7734 to get hello when you turned the calculator upside down.. and 5318008 to get boobies... well if you turn it upside down you get OBBBIHL... dont you think its more than a coincidence that the numbers are all the letter numbers? just a thought.. anyway.. episode.. meh.. anna lucia... not hot :-p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Don't know how people gave this ep a 10, thought it was 8 at best.
    Wish they'd let the counter hit zero.
    Thanks to whoever posted the rar to sync the audio :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

In the site http://www.thedharmainitiative.info,

http://www.kraftkost.se/ is mentioned in the source. *.se is a swedish domain but I couldn't find a translation.

In bablefish kraftkost translates as "force food" in german.

The injections Desmond was taking in the last ep could have been taken instead of food as energy boosters, which could explain why the pantry was so full as he wouldn't need to eat as much. Maybe Darma have Swedish business partners.

Not very interesting though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol

s10 wrote:
    "also found "DI 9fftr731, di9fftr731" hidden in the html page"
    besides that

from the food in the larder

Image-8AD199D2309B11DA.jpg-thumb_140_105.jpg

Image-8AD1CFA4309B11DA.jpg-thumb_140_105.jpg

Image-8AD200DB309B11DA.jpg-thumb_140_105.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

OK... i'm giving the episode 8 / 10.

And to be honest, the episode itself was pretty good. Not amazing but the 8 / 10 is because i love the idea of the whole situation with the button. I know there's a term for it... but basically, this idea of being told to do something and the implications which may occur if not carried out regularly.

And the Jack Vs Locke moment cropping up in the last couple of minutes was nail-biting stuff.. i was always absolutely convinced Jack would stand by his convictions and not sit down. Oh... and is that the end of Desmond? Or was his 'see you in another life' comment to Jack foreshadowing his return?

While the Ana-Lucia situation may have been obvious to some, i still think it was pretty damn unexpected. Mainly due to the friendly image we got of her when she met Jack. Does she think Michael, Jin and Sawyer are part of 'The Others' they've also possibly been warned about?! That big African American big is frickin' scary! :eek:

Locke's backstory was OK... nothing amazing happened but that may be because it seemed to breeze through his backstory this week. Didn't really seem like there was much backstory footage.

Anyways.. roll on next week! Really enjoyed it - once again stressing that while not a particularly amazing episode, the button situation and what it involves really did get me going... truly thought-provoking stuff really, in my opinion!

PS - regarding next week:
    i'm not sure i like the idea of all the islanders moving down into the hatch from the beach / cave. But then again... i love the possibilities of where this button is going and will they give Hurley a shift at entering the buttons?! Surely not! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭saintsaucey

I just rewatched the episode with my father and he liked it. When the preview for the next episode ended with Jin saying every thing is going to change he looked at me like "What the ****."

Yes the big guy from Oz is scary as hell.
    rumor has it he is one of the Nigerians
    We know Anna Lucia is one of the Surviors from the plane. We don't know the anything about the rest of her group. I did notice a Blonde woman and a Women that could have been either Korean Japanies or Chinies(Bad Speller Sorry)

We still don't know why/How locke was paralized and why jack is not married. I had never noticed Locke giving Kate the knife or locke taking of his shoes. anyone know what turn of the screw is about.

Obviously we missed some of the film. Weather it was simply degraded or stuff was taken out on purpose we don't know. I can't wait till next week. though charlie looks like he's back on the heroin or feeling anxious about bringing it back with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Tons of information in the Dharma Initiative video, especially the history section.

The list of things that the 'large scale communal research compound' on the island was set up for, has the potential to explain everything strange we've seen during season 1 and the first couple of episodes of season 2:

Meteorology,
    Psychology,
    Parapsychology,
    Zoology,
    Electromagnetism
    and utopian social...*cuts*

of course, 'potential' doesn't mean 'answers'...

Lockes father: "What's the matter, haven;t you ever been conned?" aka the real Sawyer?

Tons of questions, realms of possibility... gotta love it

icon_Sph33r.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

http://www.thehansofoundation.org/videostream.swf

Anyone else think LOST is like Myst on tv? I do not know why i think that but it just brings back memories of the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

The opening titles of the film...

"The Dharma Initiative
    3 of 6
    Orientation"

Does the 3 suggest that there are 5 other films or 5 other stations? The hatch is Station 3.

The station studied unusual electromagnetic emanations from the island - that's interesting. Disturbances in the electromagnetic field of the planet are not good for life and is recognised as a contributing factor to cancer amongst other things. Being subjected to the electromagnetic disturbance and the heat of living on the tropical island would be like living in a switched on microwave - the reason people got sick and died? Why hasn't it affected the survivors? Possibly they have a higher tolerance level than the previous visitors to the island. Unlikely, but in the world today we are subjected to more electromagnetic radiation than at any time in the past - computers, tvs, mobile phones etc. are all more predominant than they were in 1980.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The Hanso Life-Extension Project

The Hanso Foundation Electromagnetic Research Initiative

The Hanso Quest for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence

The Hanso Mathematical Forecasting Initiative

The Hanso Cryogenics Development Imperative

The Hanso Juxtapositional Eugenics Development Institute

The Hanso Accelerated Remote Viewing Training Facility

http://www.thehansofoundation.org/activeproject.html

Lots of things to stick in now.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I thought the episode was an 8/10 but I gave it an extra 1 for the Jin moment in the preview for next week!

I though Locke's story was good, but I was left wondering if Helen was in the employ of his father, just to get Locke to stop bothering his father? Because we still have no idea what caused him to be in a wheelchair.

It would have been interesting to see Desmond's reaction when nothing happened (after Jack pressed the button), but I guess we will see him again later.

And it's obvious that some of the Others were on the plane - one of them looked like she was wearing the air hostess uniform when they were being dragged back to the pit.

Still no sign of Libby - when will see her? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol

The Hanso Juxtapositional Eugenics Development Institute

the hanso jedi the island's a jedi enclave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I thought this was a fantastic episode, and I gave it 9 out of 10. I'm amazed that the show doesn't seem to have lost any momentum since the end of last season. I expected to see a lot more slow-paced episodes based around characters' backstories, but they've forged ahead with the major plot-lines the whole time.

The big question emerging from this episode for me is whether Desmond was really saving the world from destruction, or whether he was just a lab-rat. I think the main motivation for Jack pushing the button was that he was betting the lives of 43 people that he is supposed to be leading on the assumpting that this was a psychological experiment. For any leader, that would be a BIG risk to take. I think he chased Desmond in the hope that it would make his decision easier, but in the end, it only made it harder. All my theories on Desmond went totally out the window - no praenatural abilities at all. The only way they can stop pushing the button now is to find out what the hell it does, and what the numbers mean.

I think the trailer at the end with Jin did seem really astonishing. Its possible that he learned English while planning on escaping to America with Sun. I also reckon that Mr. Paik's henchman will be in the tail-section survivors, and they might have a confrontation. This has cleared up one of my major gripes with the first season though - when Jin is leaving Sun in the caves and heading for the beach, she shouts after him in English "I was going to leave you", and he seems to understand. Its clear that there's a lot more to their back-story than was shown in the first season, and I'm really looking forward to their flashbacks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I gave this a 7 because of a few annoyances but overall it was a good episode. As someone else said above I am not going to use spoilers because the title contains a warning. I don't know why people still use them within the thread.

To have to watch the buildup to the Jack meets Desmond moment for the third time was a bit much.
    Also Jacks reaction to the whole situation was a little OTT for me but perhaps there will be more backstory to explain why he gets so heated over this science v faith thing. Then again hes the only one giving Locke a hard time who has hit Sayid over head, tied up Boone and left him in the jungle and faced no consequences for it whatsoever. Very forgiving these survivors.
    Desmond running? This makes very little sense to me. There is nothing to suggest he knows the island or to explain why he thinks running into the jungle will help. Has it all been a setup to lure the survivors into the bunker?

Some excellent moments however.

When Desmond suggests the guys watch the film you can almost feel the viewers lean forward simultaneously and from then on we are with Jack and Locke because we want to see that film as badly as they do. Great moment.

Then when Locke says we have to watch it again you know hes not the only one saying it.

So good and bad but overall enjoyable. Ideas? I think maybe there is something that affects people and perhaps Anna is with the "others" because she succumbed to this illness. It's possible they may also be innocent survivors but I'm not sure. Anyone who bought the region one DVD set remember there was some kind of ad for season 2 that said something about the survivors finding it even more dangerous on the other side of the island. I was sure I saw something like that but of course I can't find it. It's all a bit vague as the situation with Desmond was the one with the revelations and the situation with Anna etc. was not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

For some reason i really didin't like that episode all to much. Nothing really happened. Just more dragging on. We saw "the others/tailsection", but still don't know if they really are the "other/tailsection".We saw desmond pressing the buttons last time, we saw jack pressing the buttons this time. Still not knowing what they do/are. We saw locke still following his "dad" before, we see it all again. And once more we are shown that locke is a man of faith while jack is a man of science. This idea,is really starting to annoy me, especially with jack. He's really wrecking the buzz. Instead of just having it out once with locke, everytime locke wants to do something, he has to moan and question why he believes in it. Gettin very old IMO.

tbh, i don't think i like the idea of the "darma" agency being behind this. I like the kind of mystery in the first season, of it being somthing undiscovered and maybe even natural. I thought that was far more interesting. Now it's starting to look like resident evil. And if the whole "agency" thing is behind it, i can see this draggin on for a good few more seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I thought Desmonds story could have been a little more extravagent, he really didn't add a whole lot. All he said was he was told to type the code in or else, he never seen or heard anything else, I was expecting a lot more of a mystery to his story.

Did anybody notice in the film they watched that each person was to stay for 540 days, if you divide 540 by 5, guess what you get? 108 of course.

I've given this a 9
    Theres a fine line between dragging a story out and keeping a story alive with edge of the seat intrigue.

So far I think they are keeping to the right side of that line.
    Why are the others/tail of the plane people half crazed? Why do they want to lock up people? Is it something to do with the island? Is it something to do with the experiments? Is it something to do with what went wrong that meant those numbers have to be punched in all the time?
    Is it related to a different experiment entirely and the punching of the numbers that Desmond was doing is actually an ongoing psychological experiment like jack said??

Loads more questions.
    I dont want to and cant put this book down just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

anyone else feel that its starting to slow down considerably? At the end of last season it was racing along with a variety of things keeping us going; the others were coming, the hatch was opened, the lads left on a ship, walt was taken, etc. Now I know I know it wud be ridiculous to reveal all but they hav revealed so little. I think what got me was that Desmond's story was a load of rubbish. It was boring. The video took a lot away from the sinister natural enigma of the island. Some corporation knew of the island? So its not unknown to the rest of the world then? Hopefully it picks up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Great episode I thought. Learned a fair bit but we still don't know everything.

Desmond doesn't seem to be an important character, yet at least, which is kind of a shame. I'm pretty sure Ana and the rest of the people are just survivors. They've probably just had a rough time and are skeptical of the new people that just came from the sea :). The thing with Jin at the end was weired alright, doesn't fit at all with whats happened before. Its sounds like hes speaking with his normal accent. Also the backround didn't look familiar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

this is by far the worst episode so far, even worse than 'hearts and minds'(which is saying something) irritating flashbacks that didnt really tell us anything at all, and worst of all had absolutely nothing to do with the episode, other than locke's 'leap of faith' comment.
    it just irritates how theres all this crap about the dharma foundation and the like that came out of nowhere, which actually doesnt really illuminate us at all.
    i especially hate how desmond was handled, he barely remembers meeting jack before running off never to be seen again.
    and yes liike daveirl said, the continuity was dodgy, mixing scenes from episode 1 and 2 in with new raft scenes(ie after they captured).
    yes, i liked the raft scenes but they werent particulary illuminating....

its a bit worrisome when my favourite bit of the episode is the one minute preview for next weeks episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

It was a very good episode 8/10

I probbaly would have enjoyed it more if the file I had wasn't a pile of crap. The picture was about 10 seconds ahead of the sound :p That was rather annoying.

I'm not sure how you say the ana lucia thing coming,because I didn't...she was on the place,AAA was hardly on the plane,so how did she hook up with him and his little tribe?

I loved the stuff between Jack and Locke,and Jack finally taking that leap of faith...while Locke started to lose it at one stage.

I found it really interesting how Desmond just decided to keep putting in the code because some guy told him to,how would he know what might happen if the counter went down to 0,why did he continue to type in the numbers based on a strange yet unconvincing video??? It's very interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

I gave this episode an 8/10

it was quite good. I liked the fast pace of the episode, and the Locke-Jack confrontations.. also Jack's moment with Desmond.

Hurley finding the food was great.. as was his reaction when Locke typed in 32

I wish that we had been left with more of a cliffhanger ending though.. I liked the Ana Lucia twist and didn't see it coming.. but I felt the episode was missing something..

The Jin clip at the end was confusing alright... the questions keep on coming..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Just caught the Jin clip with the proper audio sync episode... WTF!!! could that be a clip from one of his interviews rather than actual Lost footage?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think that the people from the tail section have all gone a bit lord of the fly's. Thought it was kind of odd there was no cabin crew alive (so far - bar the pilot of course), suppose they were all strapped in at the back.

As for the saving the world versus experiment, I reckon experiment.
    If they've been saving the world for the last 25 years, I don't think they would have let the man with the finger on the button die waiting for his replacement. Dont think it would be on a gammy commodore 64 either! If t was a real danger, you'd expect a larger prescence and better technology...

Looks like a experiment that someone forgot to turn off. Or maybe the head guys are all dead or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I still dunno how I feel about this episode...

I gave it a 6 because I'm still undecided...

Loved the episode but I thought it kinda answered things a little too well... experimentation and research being what the hatch was being used for but then again there had to have been something weird going on to begin with for there to be something to be researching...

Thought the video was a bit meh... doesn't answer much but it answers a lot at the same time...

Don't really know where I'm going with this post tbh cos I still don't know if the explanations really answered anything or not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

#Elites wrote:
    was thinkin that... cus he sounds AMERICAN! willl watch it again...
    Haven't you seen him in 24? Tom Baker... very American name :)
    imdb wrote:
    Due to his childhood in America, Daniel knew very little Korean before he did "Lost". He has said that his co-star on that show Yoon-jin Kim, who is fluent in both English and Korean, has been invaluable in coaching him on his Korean, which has apparently improved. Ironically, to the audience's knowledge, Daniel's character knows nothing but Korean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah I kind of felt they killed a lot of the mystery of the island in this episode. There must be something big in the works if they cleared up what the hatch/bunker is for, where the polar bears came from etc.

• Advertisement

He played Gavin Young? Yung? in Angel and I'm not sure what his characters name was in enterprise

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

He played Gavin Young? Yung? in Angel and I'm not sure what his characters name was in enterprise

That would be corporal Chang.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0196654/

Cool, I never really was into enterprise so I didn't know. The guy is a great actor though. If he really does speak english it would be interesting to see how his interaction with the group changes. He was already scary as hell.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

That clip at the end he was speaking with a US accent though, so either his Korean is so bad that even after a year of talking it in Lost he can't managed to fake an accent on his English, or its must have been an interview instead.

Although I would expect Jin to have a bit of English though as he intended to remain in the US on arrival in LA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Most things have been covered.
    Did anyone else notice how the film was cut and joined?
    Or was everybodies poor quality recordings screwing it up anyways?

I had a chat with my friend in LOL.
    There was a major feckup with the episode.

My most popular cousin from lol didnt get to record the episode, but nor did the backup cousin in lol either. (they must have gotten girlfriends or something. they got kicked from lol anyways.)
    Most peoples copies are either original lol ones direct from their cousin, or semi-altered versions (of the original encoding) by other less prestigous groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

robinph wrote:
    That would be corporal Chang.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0196654/

He was also one of the main characters in the Babylon 5 spin off Crusade, the has psychic abilities. Can't remember the name tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Found this on another forum, you might need to boost up your contrast/gamma...

others2ml.jpg

Oh and I gave this ep a 6/10; it seemed to trundle along without any really interesting developments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Is there any chance that people could stop discussing the promo in the episode thread?

It's pretty annoying if you don't want major spoilers about next weeks episode.

Didn't we used to have seperate threads for the discussions of the promos?

I think we'll also need a cousin discussion thread from now on too, seeing the problems they seem to be having each week... finding out the best one to go with in this thread was very useful... but dangerous as you run the risk of seeing someones opinions about the episode before you've seen it.

Oh... and for someone who is supposed to be a con man... Sawyer is very easily fooled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Is there any chance that people could stop discussing the promo in the episode thread?

It's pretty annoying if you don't want major spoilers about next weeks episode.

Didn't we used to have seperate threads for the discussions of the promos?

I think we'll also need a cousin discussion thread from now on too, seeing the problems they seem to be having each week... finding out the best one to go with in this thread was very useful... but dangerous as you run the risk of seeing someones opinions about the episode before you've seen it.
    I am finding it pretty annoying that our cousins seem to be attaching the promo for the following week to the end of the episodes.

Don't know... a cousin discussion thread just based on the promo. Got some pros and cons.

Pros:
    - It does mean discussion of the promo without ruining it for people who want to know nothing

Cons:
    - We'd probably waste about 5 - 6 pages with comments like "can't wait to see this" etc. (:D)
    - And on a slow week with no posting in it (meaning no bumping), that thread could be lost (no pun intended) a couple of pages back in the 'Lost' forum and people may not look for it and decide to make their own threads.

• Advertisement

i do agree the forum needs a new thread for promo's, and needs to be stricter on spoilers.

i wish we had loads of stickies like:
    - next weeks promo discussions(ABC & CTV)
    - speculation with spoilers
    - torrent thread
    -official death discussion

that type of stuff....

edit: and because we all get our copies of episodes at different times, i think we should force spoiler tags on all discussion posts, upto a week(maybe a bit extreme, but tons of places do this, if not i think at least 2 days afterwards)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheStrandRoads

alvarhanso.jpg

Does anyone else think that Alvar Hanso bears a striking resemblance to Leslie Neilson?

John

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Just watched this again, kind of annoying the way the audio was out of sync. Having to pause and fix the sync was frustrating.

However i felt that it was a good episode. I think some people have been a bit harsh with their opinions on it. It poses even more questions but has answered some aswell. It is Lost after all, answer a question, then give 50 more.

I liked Locke's flashbacks even though they didn't say too much. There is still so much mystery behind his character.

I want to know what happens when the counter gets to zero, and what the incident was. Even though the Dharma Foundation has been brought into it, i don't think that will take away the mystery of the island.

Why do they need somebody to type the code in though? Couldn't they have developped something to put it in automatically?

PiE wrote:

others2ml.jpg

Oh and I gave this ep a 6/10; it seemed to trundle along without any really interesting developments.
    eehh.. WHOA

Apapaia wrote:

Why do they need somebody to type the code in though?

umm thats kind of the ENTIRE point of the countdown timer....

Apapaia wrote:
    Why do they need somebody to type the code in though? Couldn't they have developped something to put it in automatically?
    no... its supposed to work as a "dead mans handle" thing.. if the person typing the code in cant type the code in then whatever is meant to happen will happen.. an automatic code enterer would completely defeat the porpuse of the task..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

PiE wrote:

others2ml.jpg

QUOTE]

Thought someone said before that the woman on the boat was Alex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Padrock

Who's Alex?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

herobear wrote:

edit: and because we all get our copies of episodes at different times, i think we should force spoiler tags on all discussion posts, upto a week(maybe a bit extreme, but tons of places do this, if not i think at least 2 days afterwards)

I don't think the spoiler tags thing should be necessary. If you use this forum, you know what you're going to get inside this topic, so why would you look at it until after you had watched the episode? For the first series I knew everything that was going to happen BEFORE i saw it - my fault for being too curious. I now love watching the show and finding out things as they happen, such as desmond, Ana Lucia's betrayal, the video etc.. Reading the posts then adds to the mix, because other people will have seen other things (like the resemblance between the others and the scientists, the marking on the shark's tail etc.).

Alex is/was Rousseau's daughter, who the others took, and I also assumed that was her who threw the bomb at the raft, but she does look too old to be a 15/16yr old when you see the freezeframe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

Padrock wrote:
    Who's Alex?!

Alex is the daughter of the french woman Rousseau. Also in season one it tells us that Lockes fathers name is Antony Cooper. So i do think the guy in the video looks like Lockes father but why different names. Also if it was his father I think Locke would have had a bigger reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

thought this weeks episode was rocked! but i gave it a 9/10 (if i see a better episode i cant give it 11/10 now can i?). the tape was excellent but didnt show too much info, and though they showed the "human" activities that were going on on the island, the research etc. they didnt really mention anything in detail about the strange electro magnetism they discovered coming from the island. so its not made by the hansofoundation or any of their experiments.

i think hurley was supposed to be the replacement, because of his really strong link to the numbers, but then again he wasnt supposed to get on the plane. lockes story is always really interesting.

i the others (that captured jin,sawyer and michael) cant be the "the others" that took walt, they were just the survivors of the backend of the plane and maybe the same wierd **** has been happening to them thats has been happening to jack, locke and the gang, and they are suspicious of everyone and everything, and i dont think Ana-Lucia believed the story about why he had the gun or else i think some how she might have ended up letting them out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement