Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

oblivion!!

• 04-10-2005 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

holy crap, people please check this out.
    its a 20min walkthrough of the game from the developers, really amazing stuff.
    i have a feeling that my pc will explode if i try and install this game!

its the first one

gobsmacked :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

bump :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

There's no need to bump a thread when it's the top one y'know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

i have a feeling that my pc will explode if i try and install this game!

Mine won't.

*Smug*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Looks amazing, can't wait. The Radiant AI system seems really interesting, could probably spend hours just watching the NPC's interact.

And then kill them.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You left out the most important piece!

Kill them - and then take their stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

It seems odd that normal npcs like shopowners can level up and gain skills.Other than that it looks great.

I'd see that as a plus point to be honest. I like the idea of every NPC working independently towards their own personal goals. May seem odd now, but I reckon it'll be standard in all future RPG's.

I don't like the new compass though. And I don't like how you can't attack while on horseback! :mad: Grr...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I've been waiting for this game for months.

But that video...

*has seizure of joy*

Kare Bear wrote:
    It seems odd that normal npcs like shopowners can level up and gain skills.Other than that it looks great.

At the very end of the game the shop keeper that was in the very first dinky little corner trader you saw appears. "Mwuahhaha puny fool"

I like the idea of a level 50 shopkeeper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭popey21

looks great. should be out for Christmas. but im going to wait a little longer till the first few patches are released. elder scrolls games are always bugged to bits.

• Advertisement

True...but the Christmas holidays are a great opportunity to play the game 24 hours a day!

I'll be getting it first thing it hits the shelves, bugs or no bugs!

I'll be getting it first thing it hits the shelves, bugs or no bugs!

Me to. There will be no waiting.

And apparently every predicted date so far is in November. 25th is most likely.

Since this game will support all the latest bells and whistles in video cards pixel shadering etc. I am trying to find out what will be the best AGP card to upgrade to. Nvidia are not releasing the 7800 in agp. anyone any ideas. id like to play this looking its best.

I have a radeon XT850 and I expect it to handle everything very well.

Zillah wrote:
    I have a radeon XT850 and I expect it to handle everything very well.

Does the XT850 have pixel shading 3.0 and all that other marketing jargon that will make oblivion look like the trailer. If so what price and wheres the best place to get a card

Gah! I was really looking forward to playing this for Christmas. :( Looks like Febuary or March... :(
    Today, Take-Two Interactive revised its earning estimates for the fiscal year of 2005 and 2006. The company now expects roughly $1.18 billion in net sales and $0.55 in diluted net income per share for the fiscal year ending October 31, 2005. The company reduced its guidance because Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories for PSP will not release in fiscal 2005 "in certain European territories" and also because it "reflects reduced sales of catalog products and lower than anticipated initial retailer orders of new releases, which have resulted in lower than expected sales in October of Take-Two's published titles and in the Company's Jack of All Games distribution business."

Take-Two expects $1.35 to $1.45 billion in net sales and $1.15 to $1.45 in diluted net income per share for the fiscal year ending October 31, 2006. The report also noted that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for PC and Xbox 360 has been pushed back from the first quarter to the second quarter of 2006, meaning it will release February 2006 at the earliest.

http://www.gamedaily.com/general/article/?id=9546&CMP=AFL-RSS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Nice post there on the graphics cards Niall, I'm currently in the market for one myself proved quite useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I actually just reinstalled Morrowind, going to give it another go.
    I must say Oblivion does indeed look great. I'm curious has anyone played the expansions for morrowind are they any good ?

• Advertisement

:D Did the exact same thing myself, been playing through it the last week, this time with a few player mods (excellent face and body models, my own house, improved textures, children to maim and kill...ahem...:D ) and not doing the storyline at all.

Haven't played the expansions though. Seen them fairly cheap in a few stores (can't remember if they were bundled with Morrowind though), might pick them up while I'm waiting for Oblivion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Sarky wrote:
    You left out the most important piece!

Kill them - and then take their stuff.

You left out the even more important part! ;)

Kill them, take their stuff and get away with it scott free!

Advertisement