Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Re-sizing

• 04-10-2005 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

If somebody can please help me, What do i change in appearance settings to get web pages to fill the screen. Its driving crazy the web page in the middle and white background each side.
    Piusno1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Example?

I'm guessing its just the design of the page you are looking at. Some developers do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Piusno1

Have only started using XP pro was using Win 98 before this. Also its a differant computer with XP. The resoloation on the other comp. was 800x600 would that have anything to do with it, its higher on this machine with XP 1200x960 tried changing it to 800x600 but everything was way to big, it has me comfused.

Bingo. Higher resolutions on sites with set metrics in the design (using values like 50px instead of 50%) will result in the page seeming smaller.

Thanks aidan walsh, but is there anything I can do with XP to get it back to what im used to ? seeing

Lower the resolution, or learn to put up with it are your only options that I'm aware of, I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

So this is a problem with XP then Its crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Piusno1 wrote:
    So this is a problem with XP then Its crazy

No its the screen resolution. Change it back to what you were using before. Do it through the control panel/display/settings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

He could run a custom stylesheet in his browser, but I really don't see much point, it'd probably bork 9 sites out of 10.

Advertisement