Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart router and wireless router

• 05-10-2005 1:10am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If anyone is successfully using the Smart router with a wireless router I would be grateful for details of any settings changes which need to be make to the Smart router. I am attempting to use it with a Netgear w3t634u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

You want to set the smart router to act as a bridge, there was a thread on here explaining how to do it but I couldnt find it.

You can get the modem/router manual on smarts support site though, having a quick look through it, its the section called 'PureBridge' in the DR814 manual that you want (Service Configuration). Just remember to use the correct vpi/vci setting (8/35), the manual uses the defaults, 0 and 35.

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/dslfiles.htm

Then you would set your netgear up with your PPPoe username and password and it should then grab your public ip.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

Snaga wrote:
    You want to set the smart router to act as a bridge, there was a thread on here explaining how to do it but I couldnt find it.

You can get the modem/router manual on smarts support site though, having a quick look through it, its the section called 'PureBridge' in the DR814 manual that you want (Service Configuration). Just remember to use the correct vpi/vci setting (8/35), the manual uses the defaults, 0 and 35.

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/dslfiles.htm

Then you would set your netgear up with your PPPoe username and password and it should then grab your public ip.

Here it is:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=298040

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Why do you want to use it as a bridge, if you have a netgear surely you want to use its features and improve latency and dump the aolynk? If however like myself you are having problems connecting with the netgear you would then possibly use bridge mode until you get the problem sorted. If you have a wireless router knocking about then fair enough but a wireless access point would surely have been cheaper and do the job better?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Why do you want to use it as a bridge, if you have a netgear surely you want to use its features and improve latency and dump the aolynk? If however like myself you are having problems connecting with the netgear you would then possibly use bridge mode until you get the problem sorted. If you have a wireless router knocking about then fair enough but a wireless access point would surely have been cheaper and do the job better?

This particular netgear model does not have a built in modem.

Advertisement