Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer quiz

• 05-10-2005 9:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Right lads just thought this would be fun , the way i plan to work this is ill start it off by asking a question who ever answers the question gets to ask the next one and so on.

only 7 cities in Europe have had 2 teams in the semi-finals or finals of the European cup/Champions league...name them ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I always thought that question was that only 7 cities have 2 teams that have made a European final?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Milan is one.....few season ago but Inter and AC where in Semi finals of UEFA...both got knocked out....seen the AS Milan game in San Siro so thats how I know :D

Also they both played in Champions League Semi the year AC won it....this tiem against each other thou!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Well that is the question have you a answer , and folks dont be googling

Big Nelly wrote:
    Milan is one.....few season ago but Inter and AC where in Semi finals of UEFA...both got knocked out....seen the AS Milan game in San Siro so thats how I know :D

Also they both played in Champions League Semi the year AC won it....this tiem against each other thou!!

1.milan

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

Paris
    Milan
    Madrid
    Turin

I'm relatively sure about those 4, now for 3 guesses.....

Rome
    Lisbon
    Munich

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Madrid is another one. Both Real and Athletico got to the Final

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Belgrade is another with Red Star and Partizan both getting there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Dundee and Moscow are in there too

1.milan
    2.Madrid
    3.Dundee
    4.Moscow

That is all out of all your answers , good guess's tho

just noticed 1000th post :)

I am 100% sure that Belgrade had two teams in the final. Both Partizan Belgrade and Redstar Belgrade both got there.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote:
    I am 100% sure that Belgrade had two teams in the final. Both Partizan Belgrade and Redstar Belgrade both got there.

I said that one myself last night at the quiz , and was sure i was right but these are the answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What about Amsterdam?

And Bucharest. I know Steau made the final but did Rapid Bucharest ever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

London (spurs made a semi in the 60's)

Budapest

Bucharest

Belgrade must be there, Partizan got beaten by Madrid in final back in the 60's also, and Crvena zvezda won it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Little old London? (Chelsea were in the semi's last year and I'm sure if I were to google I'd find something else...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

new question?

What Player has played in an all Ireland Club final and also played in the World Cup Final aswell. ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Would Glasgow be another one with Celtic and Rangers .

hard to imagine Scotland providing 2 of the 7, but maybe :)

Glasgow would be there come to think of it, Rangers were knocked out in the semi's in 1960 (when the Final was staged in Hampden Park!) by Frankfurt. They got trounced 12-4 on agg.

glasgow is correct and the question is wrong , there is only 6 teams which have this stastic Milan, Glasgow, Dundee, Moscow Madrid and Belgrade, this question is a fairly common one doin the rounds with football fanatics

tel922001 wrote:
    glasgow is correct and the question is wrong , there is only 6 teams which have this stastic Milan, Glasgow, Dundee, Moscow Madrid and Belgrade, this question is a fairly common one doin the rounds with football fanatics
    Maybe the guy who set the question has an 7th one in mind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,060 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

tel922001 wrote:
    new question?

What Player has played in an all Ireland Club final and also played in the World Cup Final aswell. ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Socretes. Was in all ireland final with UCD and World Cup obviously with Brazil. What a man!

tel922001 wrote:

London is there. Spurs defeated Gornik Zabrze, Feyenoord and Dukla Prague on their way to the semifinals of the Champions Cup in 1961/1962, before being beaten 4-3 on agg by a Eusebio inspired Benfica, who went on to beat Real Madrid 5-3 in the final.

Chelsea were knocked out last year at the semi final stage by the waxy Pool.

In 1957 Vasas SC made the semi's and in 1973-1974 Ujpesti Dozsa repeated this feat, both clubs are based in Budapest making me think there is at least 8 cities, possibly more.

[apologies for googling] I had to find out, got work to do :rolleyes: [/apologies for googling]

Juan Pablo wrote:
    London is there. Spurs defeated Gornik Zabrze, Feyenoord and Dukla Prague on their way to the semifinals of the Champions Cup in 1961/1962, before being beaten 4-3 on agg by a Eusebio inspired Benfica, who went on to beat Real Madrid 5-3 in the final.

In 1957 Vasas SC made the semi's and in 1973-1974 Ujpesti Dozsa repeated this feat, both clubs are based in Budapest making me think there is at least 8 cities, possibly more.

Somebody knows how to use google :D

Juan Pablo wrote:

[apologies for googling] I had to find out, got work to do :rolleyes: [/apologies for googling]
    i done the the same after i first heard the question, i asked jeeves, and this question was run by the english guardian and the orig question was what cities had 2 club in european cup finals , and chelsea only got to the semi not the finals , but a classly liverpool who won it after beating them

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Socretes. Was in all ireland final with UCD and World Cup obviously with Brazil. What a man!
    i had a fair idea u would know that one

1.milian
    2.madrid.
    3.glasgow
    4.moscow
    5.dundee
    6.london
    7.Bucharest

that is the answer .And there is no point googling

im giving the next question to Kingp35

dont be everyone throwing out questions spoils the thread !

Thank you Sarge for the pressure of coming up with a question :D

Ok here goes.

Can you list all of the different words that are used as endings to football teams names that currently play in the English Premiership, Championship, League One and League two? (Obviously teams like Middlesborough dont count as their name is only one word)

I wont tell you how many there is just yet but if you really want to know ill post how many there is.

United
    City
    Rovers
    Rangers
    Hotspur
    Wednesday
    Athletic
    Forest
    County
    Alexandria
    Wanderers
    Town
    Villa

horseflesh wrote:
    United
    City
    Rovers
    Rangers
    Hotspur
    Wednesday
    Athletic
    Forest
    County
    Alexandria
    Wanderers
    Town
    Villa

Well they are all right but you have left out quite a few of them. I may as well tell you that there is 21 in total and you only have 13.

Try not cheat when trying to figure out the rest of them

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote:
    Well they are all right but you have left out quite a few of them. I may as well tell you that there is 21 in total and you only have 13.

Try not cheat when trying to figure out the rest of them

Yeah well that post was just a work in progress.
    Obviously.

21.......jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

theres 23 lads

jcoote wrote:
    theres 23 lads

the plot thickens. Name them

I think there is only 21 though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Argyle

Albion

North End

• Advertisement

mk DONS
    rushden and DIAMONDS

they could be the 2 your not thinking of kingp35

so far thats

United
    City
    Rovers
    Rangers
    Hotspur
    Wednesday
    Athletic
    Forest
    County
    Alexandria
    Wanderers
    Town
    Villa
    Argyle
    Albion
    End
    Dons
    Diamonds

Thats 18 altogether so far

Your right jcooteI forgot about Dons so thats 22 there will be altogether and not 21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

(football) club. :D

Stekelly wrote:
    (football) club. :D

Nice try :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

port VALE

• Advertisement

leyton Orient

west ham

maybe AFC is one???

so thats

United
    City
    Rovers
    Rangers
    Hotspur
    Wednesday
    Athletic
    Forest
    County
    Alexandria
    Wanderers
    Town
    Villa
    Argyle
    Albion
    End
    Dons
    Diamonds
    Vale
    Orient

Only 2 more to get

crystal Palace
    oh man my head is wrecked here

no AFC is not one and West Ham UNITED is there full name so cant give you that

well done Roddy only one more

and finally Milton Keynes
    me thinks anywho

kidiminster harriers

jcoote wrote:
    kidiminster harriers

yeah thats it. I think im actually wrong though coz they are in the conference now. Anyway thats it. Someone elses question

• Advertisement
Advertisement