Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[G.F.F] GUNS FOR FUN online gaming community.

Options
  • 05-10-2005 9:59am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thought id mention our GUNS FOR FUN community here.
    We started as a fun call of duty clan and have now progressed into a rather large multi-game fun clan and community.
    We have a [G.F.F] squad for each of the games we play and when we say a fun clan we mean it,no practice nights or matches etc just pure gaming among friends.

We have many Irish members within our ranks so Irish players will feel right at home.
    Our game servers offer great pings and a full admin team for each server.

Game servers include:

24 player Battlefield 2 ranked server @ 83.142.229.136:16567

20 player Call of Duty server @ 195.242.236.40:28960

20 player Day of Defeat source server @ 195.242.236.40:27065

We also have a 60 man Teamspeak server complete with public channels for all our game servers,ip is 195.242.236.106:8838.

Join our community @ www.gunsforfun.com/forums

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Can recommend the BF2 and CoD servers for having sound people and some great battles.....didnt know about DoD server so will try that later with high expectations!! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers Nelly,the DOD-source server is up for a month or so to see how it goes.
    BF2 and COD are permanent ,although we might switch either the current COD or DOD-S server to COD2 when its released,either way we will put up a COD 2 server.

Dcully wrote:
    Cheers Nelly,the DOD-source server is up for a month or so to see how it goes.
    BF2 and COD are permanent ,although we might switch either the current COD or DOD-S server to COD2 when its released,either way we will put up a COD 2 server.

Yeah cause I got this stupid Idea and sold on my CoD and CoD:UO games because I had too many war games to play with BFV, BF2, and Steams list......so waiting now for CoD2 to get back into the swing of things.....doesnt help when I download the demo....bring home....go to install and get corrupt file :mad:

Jeez Nelly your getting no luck at all,what with your UTV issues and joining servers an all,feel for ya buddy.
    Hope you sort it,i miss your uber attack chopper flying,well flying- yes but you killing me no! lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

i can whole heartedly vouch for [G.F.F] what a great bunch of scally waygs, look out for this cully chap among other.......

and beware the lube!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bob nl

Me loves lube :)
    I hope to see some of you guys around.

[G.F.F]Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Sounds like a sound philosophy for a clan, especially for less commited players such as myself. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Do you have any plans to add any new games??

Sounds like a sound philosophy for a clan, especially for less commited players such as myself.

Pop on our recruitment forums and leave a message.
    Its the non commitment side of gaming we love @ GFF.
    Do you have any plans to add any new games??

Not officially but we usually put up servers of games our members play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭terbo

They are all mad, really mad.
    Knifes :D in all the servers have been replaced with tubes of lube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Is that cod server normal cod or cod:uo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mkoshar

thank you very much
    mkoshar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Tovarishch

Kare Bear wrote:
    Is that cod server normal cod or cod:uo?

We're running normal COD at the moment and we will be adding/changing to a COD 2 server upon release.

[G.F.F]Tovarishch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

[G.F.F] are the best, the helped me get a carloan when other insurance providers told me to f**k off. :D

Great gaming community folks, drop by and see for yourselves :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

GFF are a great bunch of lads, especially on TS when youve got a good game of BF2 going youre guaranteed a good laugh. But when the lube comes out things get serious... :eek:

Dcully wrote:
    Jeez Nelly your getting no luck at all,what with your UTV issues and joining servers an all,feel for ya buddy.
    Hope you sort it,i miss your uber attack chopper flying,well flying- yes but you killing me no! lol :)

Downloaded CoD2 again in work(not going to kill my download at home :D ) and tested so proper file this time......

Soon will get rid of that thing they call BB from UTV and I will be around again....was on BF2 server last nite for a while.....seem to remember taking you down man a few times but you got me as well!!! was a good game when I was on with the battle swinging in both ways every few mins.....we where just beginning to rule the map with me and 2 other in choppers with all flags taken waiting for US to attack from ship when UTV gave me connection probs again and I was kicked :mad:

We wondered where you got to alright.
    Twas a class game lastnight.
    Aye you took me down a lot,nothing new there :D
    Did ya like my 5 kills with single nade then another with second nade lmao pure luck or what.
    I just knew there was someone capping our flag so i fecked 3 nades over roof of building,i think i got you in that fivesome?
    Never got to grab a screenie quick enough:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Dcully wrote:
    Did ya like my 5 kills with single nade then another with second nade lmao pure luck or what.
    I just knew there was someone capping our flag so i fecked 3 nades over roof of building,i think i got you in that fivesome?
    Never got to grab a screenie quick enough:(

I think kinky might have gotten a screeny not too sure though.
    That nade would have been perfect had it not said Cully teamkilled Wideband at the top of it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Would this be the nade in question? :D
    screen0875aj.th.jpg

kinkstr wrote:
    Would this be the nade in question? :D
    screen0875aj.th.jpg

Classic one....love doing that on flag in strike at Karkland....hotel isnt it when they go up the stairs to cap it!!! its a classic!!! :D

Was thinking I wasnt got here!!! got an1m4l which is always good!! haha!! best bit if you see an1m4l was going in as a Medic to revive his mates!! :eek:

[NRG]An1m4l: Clear!
    [G.F.F]Cully: I will f**king clear you......boom

Will be online later so will check out the server....hopefully UTV wont f**k up!!

• Advertisement

LooooooL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Big Nelly wrote:

lmao..cully, i thought you loved me :(
    that was feckin hilarious tho..almost as good as my chopper killing rampage the other day heh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Sounds like a sound philosophy for a clan, especially for less commited players such as myself. :D

was thinking the same myself. Might pop over and see if ye'll have me.

Cully whats the DoD server like? same group of players that are on BF2 and the CoD servers from your clan? the one Rev put up never seems to have anyone on it so I join random servers!! going to play it for a while till I get BB changed....seems to be no probs with DoD connections.....tried 5-6 times last nite to connect to BF2 server and same crappy UTV probs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

BF2... hmm will have to get me some of that. Looks pretty sweet.

Do you have to pay for DOD:S? Think i saw it on that steam launcher.

Boro wrote:
    BF2... hmm will have to get me some of that. Looks pretty sweet.

Do you have to pay for DOD:S? Think i saw it on that steam launcher.

If you bought Silver or Gold for HL2 then you get it for free.....if not then you will need to buy!! Silver was the biggest bargain I have got from a games company in a long time!!

Nelly the DOD server itself is lovely but we rarely play it tbh,DOD-S is crap compared to origional DOD in my opinion.
    We just put it up as a few of us wanted to test it out for a month or so and if im been honest its been empty always where as our BF2 and COD servers have been very busy,especially BF2.

Our DOD squad leader has been on holidays since we put it up so, when he gets back im sure it will populate more.
    Overall i personally prefer the gameplay of the origional DOD and it seems most do as according to steam when i check it there is double the amount of source players playing normal DOD.

If you want a busy but nice server check this out.
    My old clan have 3 servers running and 1 of them is source which is probably the bussiest in UK.
    Trust me you will enjoy their server :)

195.242.237.70:27035 Take no Prisoners DoD:S Server

Dcully wrote:
    Nelly the DOD server itself is lovely but we rarely play it tbh,DOD-S is crap compared to origional DOD in my opinion.
    We just put it up as a few of us wanted to test it out for a month or so and if im been honest its been empty always where as our BF2 and COD servers have been very busy,especially BF2.

Our DOD squad leader has been on holidays since we put it up so, when he gets back im sure it will populate more.
    Overall i personally prefer the gameplay of the origional DOD and it seems most do as according to steam when i check it there is double the amount of source players playing normal DOD.

If you want a busy but nice server check this out.
    My old clan have 3 servers running and 1 of them is source which is probably the bussiest in UK.
    Trust me you will enjoy their server :)

195.242.237.70:27035 Take no Prisoners DoD:S Server

Cheers man will give it a bash later if I cant get on BF2....havent really played much of DoD:S......only about 50 hrs max on DoD so not really an expert or anythign but quells my need for killing when I cant get BF running!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Are you in any DoD:S leagues? And how many boardies are in the DoD:S side of things?

• Advertisement

Nope ,as i say none of us really play DOD-S,we just put up a server on release day but we were disappointed with the game itself,it is cack and not a patch on origional imo.

Advertisement