Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Homecoming ***Spoilers***

• 05-10-2005 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭

What did everyone think of this? Over all, I was pretty disappointed.
    Apart from HBK/Angle and the ladder match, the action was very poor and predictable.
    Piper’s Pit could have been promising, with Hot Rod and “Ace” back in the same segment, but I think we’ve all seen enough of Randy Orton and Mick Foley going at it (Foley has a history with so many others in WWE, why wasn’t he used elsewhere?), plus it ended far too quickly I thought (although we are supposed to see of this angle on SM and possibly No Mercy)
    And speaking of misuse of stars, the Austin/McMahon thing was predictable, drawn out and in the end, cringe TV ( They didn’t practice Lynda’s stunner before hand anyway).It apparently ran so long that other segments were then rushed and suffered because of it.
    And what was the point of Hogan being there? Just to say he might be interested in a match with Austin? Eh, he was there Hulk, why not ask him out straight? A waste of Mean Gene’s microphone.
    The HHH/Flair segment again went on far too long I felt. I am looking forward to seeing how the feud develops and who else gets involved , but why did he have to beat him all the way to the back for 15 minutes? Just to show he’s the meanest heel in the business? Plus Double A was in the ring with the rest of the legends about 5 minutes later, are we supposed to believe he didn’t see or would'nt help the Nature Boy? Silly I thought.
    As for the segment with the legends, great to see some familiar faces, and I suppose you couldn’t expect too much from them, but sending Rob Conway in? I know the guy is getting a push at the moment but he isn’t fit to lace Koko’s boots, let alone the likes of Race, Steamboat and DiBiase.
    And the Cena/Bishoff match was shorter and worst then I thought, and the interference from Angle was completely predictable.
    Then I thought Vince was going to redeem himself with the SM and Raw guys going at it, I thought the likes of Austin, Foley, Hogan and even some of the real old facers would get involved , but no, they just went off air ( possibly because of the Austin angle running so long)
    Anyway, I don’t mean to rant, and I’m not usually so negative about WWE, but considering the talent Vince had in the building Monday night, I think the show was pretty bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

wasnt as good as it could have been :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Thought it was really short for a 3hr show as well and also very predictable Austin's and HHH's Inparticular. Shane O mac bit was funny though.
    The Iron man match was very good but i had a feelin was gona be a draw. Hope Angle wins the title and then him and HBK continue their feud.
    Ladder match was very good. Wonder how Matt will do back on Smackdown. Bet he wins the rumble and goes back to RAW to face Edge at WM22.
    Smackdown bit was funny but i would have preferred to see the match.

Overall, a fairly short and predictable show.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

fairly disappointed due to talent on offer, was beggin for christian to interfer in the ladder match to set up a good fued on sd. but have to admit the idea of a hardy V1 vs edge wm22 is enough to keep me watching wwe till then. but still will wwe have a proper 1 v 1 or will it be a pier 6 with lita, christian, and possibly even jeff hardy. great potential like a lot of things in wwe but will they see it or just let it go to waste?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

I doubt that hardy will be winning the rumble any time soon!! although it would be really cool! it could make for a great match at WM22 but i dont think that jeff is gonna be back in WWE any time soon - really wish it would happen tho! thought that christian would intefer with the match to create a good fued on smackdown personally i dont think they'll have that much of a feud i think they'll push hardy in cruiserweight and get it back up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

There's no way Matt will win the Rumble, and I’m not too sure if Edge will win the title either (within the next few months anyway).
    But I have a feeling Matt might interfere and cost him his Money in the Bank shot, thus setting up an inter promotional match between them at WM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Yeah i realized that, but wouldnt it be sweet if it did happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 corpus

All Homecoming was, a show full of old stars that had name value just to win a big rating on U.S.A NETWORK. to give Spike a kick up the arse with their UFC.

Nice match with Angle and Hbk.........

We all knew Matt was going, like we didn't know Cena was going to win and I can't stand the guy.

Also its well knowing that Hogan wants a match with Austin at mania 22 so that wasn't new!

Austin giving the McMahon's stunners left and right but where was the son in law?

HHH beat flair up, he has been off TV so much, they gave him a ton of time so was can see his ugly beard and to show the world I'm the game................boring

and then Smackdown vs RAW which we didn't get to see the end, old days of ending a show, well in WCW that is - just shows how far WWE has gone down the tubes!

Advertisement