Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jacque Lu Cont tonight 03th OCT

• 05-10-2005 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭

anyone else going to this tonight ? Bargain at 10 euro! cant wait!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭BACKLASH

is it open to everyone or just UCD students?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

BACKLASH wrote:
    is it open to everyone or just UCD students?

Im not a ucd student but i got a ticket and none of my friends are either.
    Kolodny wrote:
    Where?

UCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Is it the 3rd of November?

I wouldnt get your hopes up for him, Ive seen him 3 times in the last 18 months and he has been terrible everytime. its basically 2 hours of every pop song that he has remixed (Madonna, Gwen, Missy The Killers) He has lost every ounce of respect Ive ever had for the guy, also the sets were the same (give or take 2 tracks) over the 18 months.... He'd have to pay me €10 to sit through another set.

Is it the 3rd of November?

I wouldnt get your hopes up for him, Ive seen him 3 times in the last 18 months and he has been terrible everytime. its basically 2 hours of every pop song that he has remixed (Madonna, Gwen, Missy The Killers) He has lost every ounce of respect Ive ever had for the guy, also the sets were the same (give or take 2 tracks) over the 18 months.... He'd have to pay me €10 to sit through another set.

Strange. Ive seen him twice in a last 6 months and really enjoyed him both times. Also, the sets were completely different. I hate the killers remix though :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

There was a huge thread about his sets over on the bodytonicmusic forums and 99% of people on there agreed that he has lost it completely when it comes to his sets, Even Erol Alkan joined in and commented on Lu Conts recent sets being very poor and samey and he's his mate!

His sets @ the Trinity Ball and Oxegen were basically the same, Oxegen being the worse of the two.

I would love to hear that he play's a blinder and proves me wrong, but I think Ive said those words twice before.... Oh, and he has a history of not turning up for gigs in Dublin Clubs(missed 3 in the last 2 years)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

he managed to miss a set in fabric recently. i seem remember someone saying he played a bunch of whiter than white labels at trinity ball, which was blatant lies. it's interesting how himself and felix have now fallen out of favour in relatively short space of one another. all the complaints here are legitimate, although my mates said he was quality warming up for tiga.

i'd probably go, what else is there on a wednesday...? but then i can't!

There was a huge thread about his sets over on the bodytonicmusic forums and 99% of people on there agreed that he has lost it completely when it comes to his sets, Even Erol Alkan joined in and commented on Lu Conts recent sets being very poor and samey and he's his mate!

His sets @ the Trinity Ball and Oxegen were basically the same, Oxegen being the worse of the two.

I would love to hear that he play's a blinder and proves me wrong, but I think Ive said those words twice before.... Oh, and he has a history of not turning up for gigs in Dublin Clubs(missed 3 in the last 2 years)

yep..I was there twice when he cancelled! bastard. He was a fantastic opener for Tiga in the music centre alright. At the end of the day, I see it as fun party music. I wouldnt call him a technical genius or anything :)

I always have a great time at his gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Saw him at Privilege during the summer and really enjoyed his set (although he did play that Gwen Stefani mix - that was a low point) and heard good reports of TBMC - that's why I wouldn't mind seeing him again. Sounds like he's a bit hit and miss (or a bit not there!)

Advertisement