Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why do you use boards?

Options
  • 05-10-2005 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7 don't touch me

Hey guys,
    you may remember me from soaking me/listening to me murder jamie cullum songs/not getting out of bed most mornings...Barry J. the R.A. Me and some guys are doing a project on cyberpsychology and would like to know from you why you use boards/the benefits of it for you etc. Any thoughts you have would be great, you are not obliged to respond and even if you do any responses will be confidential and can be removed and destroyed at your request at any point up to publication (that's the ethics bit). At the end, i'll put up our findings and you can see what's going on. All the guys from psychology will know the deal

Cheers guys

oh and p.s.

The game!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

well barry, it gets me connected with the outside world, and has CTYI forems on. what more could a guy want?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

mostly on the gronds that it lets me keep in touch with people I haven't seen in years, and who may live far away, and that's about it. Oh, it's also useful for mass-annoucements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

^ Good question.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

oh and p.s.

The game!
    Damn you to Hell and back . . . . . and then back to Hell again. :mad:

Anyway I mostly use boards to keep in touch with people I know from CTYI.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

Yeah, me too. Since most people know each other here it might be worth doing this on other sites like this. Oh by the way it's David B. here from your R.A. group by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 don't touch me

Raphael wrote:

the latter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

The way I see it is people want to stay in touch with others from CTYI.Seeing as 49 weeks are spent away from CTYI, people would like another place where they know a lot of people from CTYI would be.Most of us have lives outside DCU and don't live close togethe so regular meet-ups isn't really an option.A few weeks after the buzz of it, most get over it and concentrate on their daily lives but it's nice to know that if you want to contact people again then this is an easy way to do it.It's really just convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It's a good conversation starter too.

In the computer labs in DCU:

''I see you're on boards, what's your sn?''
    ''X''
    ''Oh cool, I'm Piste''
    *narrows eyes* ''I've read your blog.

Belive it or not, I've had that conversation more than once....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

BARRY! C'mere you *waits for Barry to c'mere*

Psychology kicks bum, dunnit? Yea. You were my RA. Woo. Yea.

Anyway - I use borads For many reasons.

1) To keep in touch with friends conveniently blablabla
    2) To force others to listen to my two cents which they wouldn't listen to in real life.
    3) A big egg
    4) I use it out of force of habit as much as anything else, to be totally honest.
    5) It can provide amusement. More so than TV or some other forms of modern entertainment that you kids are so into nowadays, anyway.

Glad to be of help. *Is still waiting for Barry to c'mere*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Keep in touch,
    Habit,
    The craic.

That's about it.

Piste wrote:
    ''I see you're on boards, what's your sn?''
    ''X''
    ''Oh cool, I'm Piste''
    *narrows eyes* ''I've read your blog.

"I now know more about you than about me ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

keep in touch / somethin to do wen you're bored on d net......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Spraypaint

I guess I use it to:
    1) See when reunions are on
    2) See what old kronies from CTYI are up to
    3) See how other CTYIers function in the real world
    4) Remind myself that there are still people as mentally deranged as I am out there.
    And 5) The Game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Eh, I was on the site before I went to CTYI, it's really just force of habit posting here, I mean, not many S1ers are on, but it is a good way of knowing when the next reunion is on. BARRY! *hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭[Core]

Barry ran away from me at the reunion. I use boards to ignore Barry so ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭the_red_cherry

cos i enjoy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Where and what are you studying? By any chance is this a 3rd year group project in TCD? :D
    I use it to keep up to date with people I otherwise wouldn't talk to, and to express my views as well as hearing new takes on various topics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

I use it to keep in contact with my friends from CTYI, really. I used to use www.ctyiers.com/forums, but it's been monopolised by Squee, and the whole thing has turned very ugly *shudders*
    Oh, and Barry, you probably don't know me, but I believe you shared a game of throw-the-crap-wheeled-shoes-at-the-psychology-book with meinen Bruder, Kevin.

Advertisement