Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pendulum Mix of Voodoo People.....

• 05-10-2005 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

http://www.video-c.co.uk/radarwatch.asp?vidref=theprodigy012

A bit of the Voodoo People vid....looks really good....appartently the whole thing is very full on....

Remedy Presents

Pendulum (Irish Debut)
    Syringe

Sunday Oct 30th
    Temple Bar Music Centre
    11pm til late.

Tix priced 15e plus 1e booking fee available from City Discs, Carbon, Road, Big Bro and Spin Dizzy.
    Tix are also avail from www.ticketmaster.ie priced 15e (subject to booking fee and handling charge).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Yeah I've seen the video on MTV2. Great remix.

Wasn't there lots of running in the original video too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

They have obviously seen the spanish film "Intacto" (which is brilliant!) I really like the start to this song, but it seems to loose itself about half way thorugh, 2ManyDj's dropped it @ Electric Picnic and it wrecked the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭remedy dublin

plazzTT wrote:
    Yeah I've seen the video on MTV2. Great remix.

Wasn't there lots of running in the original video too?

yea, they running around a jungle!

They have obviously seen the spanish film "Intacto" (which is brilliant!) I really like the start to this song, but it seems to loose itself about half way thorugh, 2ManyDj's dropped it @ Electric Picnic and it wrecked the place.

everyone is playing it....from soul wax to andy c!

looking forward to the pendulum gig....going to be mental..

anyone else like them? or is it just me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Eddie Brennan

im sure its not just you but i dont like them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

im sure its not just you but i dont like them

Pendulum are..if you like, the 'pop group' of drum and bass.

many people into dnb don't appreciate their music either.
    i have most the vinyl they released, but admit only liking 2 tracks.

'Vault' and remix of Concord Dawns 'Tonite' are classics.

The track that got them most praise was 'Another Planet' but i think its where they started to sound really cheesy...with rubbish synthesized voices, like that can be heard in 'Slam' and 'Masochist' ... childish melodies.

some of the melodies are like that of a Mr.Softy ice cream van, but this is what appeals to alot of people these days.

Quirky, 'funny..haha' tunes with dramatic opening chord sequences,
    and long intros..thats the secret :rolleyes:

Fresh - Submarines remix sounded very camp.

having said that, they've built up a strong fanbase over the last 2 years, so they must be doing something right..and remixing 'Voodoo People' won't do any harm.

but i'd say they mostly appeal to dnb blow-ins :p and pop-fans, not
    really listening to any DRUMS or BASS, just catchy melodies.

their live sets (depending on who is mixing) shouldn't disappoint.

i'm not a fan anymore, but do give them credit for 'Vault' intro

they've definetely worked hard over the last couple of years, so..they do deserve recognition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

For some reason this sounds to me like Goldie meets Scooter. It's a bit better than that Oxide and Neutrino mix of "No Good" a few years ago, but no where near the quality of original Prodigy. Maybe it'll get a a bit better after a few listens, class video :)

for those of you that are interested, we're running a competition for 1 double pass for Pendulum (Oct 30th at the Music Centre) on our blog!

http://remedyireland.blogspot.com

thanks remedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

That is dreadful. Take away the voodoo people samples and what do you have? A **** 2 step beat and a bit of noise.

base2 wrote:
    That is dreadful. Take away the voodoo people samples and what do you have? A **** 2 step beat and a bit of noise.

LOL...if you hate this, you should check out 'slam'...(i love it, banging stuff)

remedy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

LOL...if you hate this, you should check out 'slam'...(i love it, banging stuff)

remedy
    gotta love the video to that tune :p

here is the tracklisting from Pendulum's essential mix....check it out!

18/09/05
    ::: Pendulum

Pendulum 'Blood Sugar'
    Pendulum 'The Program (ft. $pyda)'
    Coldcut 'Qenist (Remix)'
    Gridlok 'Hard As ****'
    Muffler 'The Iron Tune'
    Chase & Status 'The Druids'
    TC ft. Jakes 'Deep'
    Pendulum 'Vault VIP'
    Tactile 'Posers'
    Pendulum 'The Terminal (Essential Mix Version)'
    Gridlok 'Fifth Dimension'
    Shimon & Andy C 'Nightflight'
    Mickey Finn 'Unknown'
    Bcee & Lomax 'Can't Say No (Cyantific Remix)'
    Billy Corgan 'The Camera Eye'
    Baron 'At The Drive In'
    Zinc & Jenna G 'Don't Bury'
    Pendulum 'Plasticworld (Essential Mix Version)'
    Fresh & Pendulum 'Babylon Rising'
    Zinc 'Stepping Stones (Friction Remix)'
    Future Prophecies 'Control The Beast'
    Friction 'Let Loose (TC Remix)'
    Hazard 'Use Your Brain'
    State Of Mind 'Hold Down (Remix)'
    DJ Vapour 'Jazzamatazz'
    Noisia 'Brain Stitch'
    The Prodigy 'Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix)'
    TC 'Robots'
    Subfocus 'Citizen Kane'
    Pendulum & Freestylers 'Fasten Your Seatbelt (1992 Edit)'
    Christian J 'Alter Ego'
    Frizz 'Fearless Funk (Enser Noisia Edit)'
    Ragga Twins 'Ready For This'
    Plump DJ's 'Bullet Train'
    Freestylers & Pendulum 'Painkiller'
    Roughcut Flex 'Nemesis'
    Digital Nation 'Aisle 13'
    Hochi & Infiltrata 'Hit 'Em Hard'
    Mayhem & Evol Intent 'Broken Sword'
    Chase & Status 'Duppy Man VIP'
    Shy FX 'Feelings'
    Pendulum 'Slam (Before The Tantrum Mix)'
    Pendulum 'Slam (Essential Mix Version)'
    ShockOne 'The Riddler'
    Fresh 'The Immortal'
    Pendulum 'Girl In The Fire (Essential Mix Version)'
    Sin & Muffler 'Bad Bwoy Sound'
    Ed Rush & Optical 'Flute'
    DJ Hype 'Look To The Future (TC Remix)'
    Psidream 'Cypher'
    Unknown Error 'Struggle'
    Baron 'Decade'
    Pendulum 'Still Grey'
    Tactile 'Changing Slowly'
    Pendulum 'Hold Your Colour (Essential Mix Version)'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

That mix of Voodoo People is absolutley shocking. The Audio Bullys rework of Outer Space is way better imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

it does exactly what it says on the tin and it's closer in spirit and lineage to the original than the silly house remixes imo

beats the hell out of the sub focus remix of smack my bìtch up on the flip as well...

but i still can't bring myself to praise pendulum on an internet forum... haven't bought anything of theirs since vault and i only got that double pack for the usual suspects tune... i think they do that ringtone-n-bass vibe better than anybody else though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭verdidnt

The Pendulum album is really quite varied. There are a few songs I don't really like but there are also some great tunes too. Stand out tunes for me are 'Fasten your seatbelt', 'Tarantula' and I really like 'Still grey' even though I don't really like drum n'bass with female vocals.

You can't say anything bad about 'Vault'. When they drop Vault and Voodoo people at the Music centre the place will go nuts!

Aphrodite played Voodoo people in the Hub a few weeks ago, it's a real crowd pleaser, everyone loved it. He played a really great set actually, and a nice set by Simon F beforehand.

verdidnt wrote:
    When they drop Vault and Voodoo people at the Music centre the place will go nuts!

Totally!

The eagerly awaited Irish debut from Pendulum is coming closer....there seems to be a good bit of hype about this gig (especially after the success of the Voodoo People single), so try not to miss it.....

And if you fancy a few free passes.....we have 2 doubles up for grabs....easy question: what date is Pendulum playing at Remedy. Answers to comps@remedyireland.com

Good luck! Winners will be mailed at the end of the week.....and if you dont win, there will be another comp next week....

Thanks Remedy

Remedy Presents:
    Pendulum (Irish Debut)
    Syringe

Sunday Oct 30th at the Music Centre
    Tickets from www.ticketmaster.ie and www.tickets.ie priced 15e (subject to booking fee and handling charge).
    Tickets are also available from City Discs, Spin Dizzy, Carbon, Road and Big Brother, priced 15e (plus 1e booking fee)

Advertisement