Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network File sharing and security

• 05-10-2005 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am in the process of setting up a wirless network which works from time to time and it seems to be that when i remove the WPA security the laptop will connect to the network. (strangely enough it say its not connected but it works whereas when security is enabled it says its connected but wont work.) Also the desktop computer cannot see the laptop in the network, only the files its sharing. Also any video files the desktop sends that i watch on the laptop play as music files because it cannot download the codec but that makes no sense since the codec is already on both of them (.avi files). Could someone please tell me what i might need to do to have the network totally shared and secured with out losing the network all together. Also if you could tell me any possible way to get the laptop to realise it can play this file then that would be great too.
    Thanks a million for any help you could offer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Hey bingo9999

First of all - you'd probably have more joy posting this in the Wireless forum, rather than the Broadband one!

I've had similar issues with file sharing, there's a couple of links in this post that should be a good help:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=298430

Cheers

Advertisement