Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tips for today?

• 05-10-2005 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭

hey guys... don't post here much, but i do keep an eye on it, and have won a few bob from some decent tips.

well I'm heading to the bookies a little later, and will probably throw a couple of bets down.... and honestly, I don't know too much about the horses.

so if anyone has any advice.... a few tips etc, Id be gratefull.....
    cheers,
    jim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

surely truly looks good in the 1.50 at nottingham at a decent price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I had a look at Surely Truly as well but was put off by the draw. It is drawn in stall 3, however there is a definite advantage to being drawn high. In the 2 recent 6 furlong races at Nottingham the horses drawn in the first 6 stall positions finished at the back of the field. That fact alone would prevent me from backing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

my double today

Waynesworld - 3.20
    looks the business - 4.00

Waynesworld won a conditional jockey's event on sunday by 15+ lengths...out again today with no penalty for that success against somne jadded opposition he'll be very hard to beat.

Looks the business is a horse ive been following for the last month. Was the subject of a foiled touch recently when in the morning his connections pushed layed the horse in the morning and pounded into him when the prices opened up on course...unfortunately the race never happenbed as racing was abandoned that day due to a dangerous course. He was 2nd at 16-1 in his next race and the horse is clearly in good heart. A long over due win is expected today.

11/8 and 5/2...two singles and a double reccomended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Get your yourselves off to Gamblers annonymous ya retards!!!!!!!1 ha hahahahahahahahahaha Neigh neigh the horsey goes NEIGHHHHHHHH Borrow the money and lose it all rejects!!!!!!!!!!! :D

accensi0n wrote:
    Get your yourselves off to Gamblers annonymous ya retards!!!!!!!1 ha hahahahahahahahahaha Neigh neigh the horsey goes NEIGHHHHHHHH Borrow the money and lose it all rejects!!!!!!!!!!! :D

It must be PC time in a primary school somewhere. And by way get your English teacher to spend some more time on your writing ability, 'Get your yourselves' doesn't make any sense.

As for today Looks the business does indeed look the business, I'd think he'll go close. Waynesworld was very impressive on Sunday, I'd be a little wary of him at such a short price since his form was dismal before that. Also if you're brave enough to back in a seller Wild Tempo looks to have very strong credentials at 2:50.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

fade2black wrote:
    my double today

Waynesworld - 3.20

Waynesworld won a conditional jockey's event on sunday by 15+ lengths...out again today with no penalty for that success against somne jadded opposition he'll be very hard to beat.

Looks the business is a horse ive been following for the last month. Was the subject of a foiled touch recently when in the morning his connections pushed layed the horse in the morning and pounded into him when the prices opened up on course...unfortunately the race never happenbed as racing was abandoned that day due to a dangerous course. He was 2nd at 16-1 in his next race and the horse is clearly in good heart. A long over due win is expected today.

ye i had look the business that race aswell and he was well backed but la dolfina looks hard to beat

accensi0n wrote:

Banned, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

fade2black wrote:
    my double today

Waynesworld - 3.20

well waynesworlds a winner..... now come on looks the business :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

well done fade2black.... a good selection. And I made a nice bit of pocket money thanks to you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭leef23

Good man.............cheers for the tip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 de_roiste

Great call Fade.. Your double came in! I keep missing these tips though! Feck!

MasterKs came 2nd..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Cheers fade, had a little bit on him :D

Well done to those that backed them...i know the prices weren't brilliiant but the double would've helped.

I had an absolute sickener today. The last time a horse called Noora ran It got stuck in the stalls and flew at the finish. I set it up on the Irish Racing website as an email reminder. It won today at 11/1, it won at 4:05. I got the mail informing me it was running today at 4:50, 45 minutes after it won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Unlucky man. Those email reminders are acting up for me too, being late or not getting them at all. Thankfully for me, the horses in my notebook are donkeys anyway.

Advertisement