Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lazers mounted to rifle scope

Options
  • 05-10-2005 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

There sellin them on e bay for little or nothing- <10 euro

The company who are sellin them state that they can workin out to 100m +

Has Any one ever use this techno stuff or any experience with lazers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I *think* (always a dangerous thing), that as a 'light emitting sight' they fall into the same category as night vision sights, and are thus strongly dis-approved of, if not outright illegal here.
    Anyone know for sure?

Or is this another of those 'idontlikethelookofthat' (I love that term, thanks Clare gunner :D) things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Yeah ,I have done it.And my advice to you is; DONT DO IT AT ALL!!!
    It is illegal to mount a laser here on any firearm under messers Burke and ODeas 1992 Firearms act.[may their scaley hides be infested with chigger fleas.]
    As to the practicality of it.It is quite a pain to get both laser and scope to print pretty much POA.I went thru a bushel full of 22 to get them both into a 6in paper target.Problem is the laser mounts on the scope, they put the laser appx one inch high or to the L/R of the scope.You have to crank the dot down to its extreme low alingement setting.Barrel mounting the laser is better.But then that usually will not show up in the scope.Not only that the laser will diffuse in misty,rainy conditions,and the further away[say scoping range] the target the bigger the dot appears on the target.Thussly negating accuracy of the scope.
    All in all the whole concept is wrong.Use the scope for long shots and the laser for snap shots in ranges that you can clearly see the target.Set them both up for POA seperatly.
    If you want to have a illuminated dot out on your target,just buy an illuminated reticle scope,or better still a holosight as that will give you a compromise between a scope and a laser.Really can recommend the Bushnel Holosight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

[
    Or is this another of those 'idontlikethelookofthat' (I love that term, thanks

Rovi
    Is's
    I -DOAN -LIK- DE- LOOK -O -DAT [all one word in Templemore training college speak and accent :D:D:D ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Is's
    I -DOAN -LIK- DE- LOOK -O -DAT [all one word in Templemore training college speak and accent :D:D:D ]
    Ah, thanks Clare gunner, phonetic spelling is always a help when dealing with foreign languages :D

I'll ask my Mum for a bit of help with this, she's from that part of the world.

Advertisement