Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick ?

Options
  • 05-10-2005 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

I had no idea where to put this so i just stuck it in here :).
    I am applying for a college outside of ireland at the moment. Filling in the form they ask what type of leaving school certificate you have. There are a bunch of options and i am not sure which one the leaving cert falls under :confused: .

FET Certificate
    A/O levels
    HICGSE/ICGSE

Which of those^^ would you think it would be, i no england is a/o levels but not sure about over here.
    Thanks for any help :).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Since the Leaving doesn't really fit into any of those, I would write 'None of the above - Leaving Certificate (Republic of Ireland)'.
    Or you could just tick A Levels and write a note saying x subjects at A level equivalent (for Higher subjects) and x subjects at O level (for Ordinary level) - let the academic institution work out whether they are true equivalents or not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You filling in a UCAS form or summat else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Since the Leaving doesn't really fit into any of those, I would write 'None of the above - Leaving Certificate (Republic of Ireland)'.
    Or you could just tick A Levels and write a note saying x subjects at A level equivalent (for Higher subjects) and x subjects at O level (for Ordinary level) - let the academic institution work out whether they are true equivalents or not.

Thanks :), i did think it would be that. Ill put a note in explaining.
    You filling in a UCAS form or summat else?

Its for a College in South Africa, not sure what a UCAS is.

Thanks for the replys :).

Advertisement