Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Training kills

• 05-10-2005 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Why is it I find a new player gets injured every week i ntraining, what the bloody hell is going on? Am I doing something wrong or is it normal that everyone gets broken up in traiing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

and jsut as i type this my no.1 keeper fractured his skullin training and is out for 5 months, what he bloody hell is going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Rest players the day after the match, make sure you haven't got it too intense, say maybe just Monday-Friday, with light training Sunday evening.

Make sure you use LOTS of "Overloading" - mostly defensive, with some attacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Illegal Alien

and jsut as i type this my no.1 keeper fractured his skullin training

Rofl. :D

I've often thought about this myself...I'm just wating for a new message telling me my entire team was kidnapped and burnt alive in training it seems so dangerous! Where the bloody hell are the training grounds anyway? Beyroot?

I let my assistant handle training, and I tinker with the schedule slightly if players are getting tired. I think it's just one of those things in the game that's completely random...the wording may be a bit extravagant..but the frequency and length of injurys I find is quite realistic imo. A keeper maye break a wrist or pull ligaments etc. etc.

I've seen some rather odd ones in my time too though...Phill neville is out for about 2 weeks with broken wrist sufferd in training...Gary neville is out for 4 weeks with a groin strain in the same training session....what were they doing together? I must remind my assistant to lock the massage room during training ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The funniest one has to be. "X reports to you that Y has fallen over a cone in training and will be out for Z months"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

^^ I got that as well, Joaquin fell over a cone, twisted his knee for 10 days and missed the CL semis.
    Make sure you have good coaches, make sure you have at least 2 physios assigned to each training schedule if you're a big club and rest players after a match. Do a search of the bigger FM2005 sites for sample trainging schedules to see what's good.
    Rest your players if they're tired after a run of matches.

• Advertisement
Advertisement