Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Re Wireless Router With DSL

• 05-10-2005 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭

I am getting DSL broadband from BT using the self install to save cash.
    I am thinking about buying this wireless router, as a few PC's in the house will be using DSL:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=302154&view=detailed

My question is, do I need to purchase any thing else to accompany this and the equipment BT supply? Cables between router and phone socket? Filters?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

In the BT box you get the modem + power supply, cd, 2 phone socket filters and 1 phone & computer filter.

In the Wireless router box you will get the wireless router + power supply + cd.

You will need a wireless PCI/PCMCIA card for each desktop/laptop that you wish to connect wirelessly and that does not already have built in 802.11 connectivity.
    You will only need to buy more microfilters if you have more than 3 used phone points and/or if you want to run a second Broadband modem (at the same time) for some reason.

L.

Advertisement