Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FatWire

Options
  • 05-10-2005 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

I'm currently looking at a CMS for an enterprise solution and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with FatWire?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

Never heard of it to be honest. Whats your requirements for a CMS?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Evilhomer

Have you looked at typo3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

It's not for me personally. It's something that the company I work for requested I look into.
    It was previously known as openmarket, if anyone knows of that.

Bk: as regards Typo3 I have proposed it to the company, but get the usual "cost of ownership" speal about open source.
    Actually i have been meaning to talk to you about Ruby on Rails :p

It will not just be a CMS that is required a whole enterprise back-end will be on this. It will be a huge integration project with the CMS/Portal just the front end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

blacknight wrote:
    Evilhomer

Have you looked at typo3?

Haven't seen typo3 before. Is it easy to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It depends on your definition of "easy" :)

From the user point of view managing content is very easy.

From the point of view of administration it's not as easy as some solutions, but the results are definitely worth the learning curve.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

OK, thanks, I must look into it.
    By easy to use, I meant from the clients point of view when the site is setup and running, I had a look at the site and it looks like an excellent product.
    That'll keep me busy for the day..
    blacknight wrote:
    It depends on your definition of "easy" :)

From the user point of view managing content is very easy.

From the point of view of administration it's not as easy as some solutions, but the results are definitely worth the learning curve.

Advertisement