Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omg Turn On The News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The second tower has collapsed!!

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Bard
    It happened before 9am so most of them would (hopefully) not have been in work, and it happened fairly high up in the towers, so it wouldn't have affected large proportions of the buildings, which one would expect would have rapidly been evacuated after the first crash.
    Er no. Apparently the offices at the top of the tower were pretty much full as they startalot earlier than anyone else in the building. The streets around were also very crowded and there have been reports of a lot of injures. The attack was timed to cause maximium damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

car bomb after goin off, plane headed for washington...
    sick evil b@stards! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Both towers have now collapsed , each tower held 50,000 people , the pentagon is on fire , a car bomb has gone off at the U.S state department (unconfirmed) , there are reports that capatil hill has been hit and reports that there is another plane hi jacked and flying towards washington.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Looks like my demo isn't gonig to happen - possibly world war three will instead. This is so ****ed up. The Internet has gone mad. I can't access any news site so I'm on the rumor mill.

Hear a lot of offices in America are telling people to go home. Can hear SKY news worried about attacks in England.

IMO they should ground all planes immediatly like they did in the states. It's too much but it's better than doing too little.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Kensai

25k per tower.
    Another plane 5minutes from washingtom, a bomb in the senate(capitol hill), 2 planes crashed into pentagon.

Another plane 20 minutes away from Washington. Missile defenses have been erected around the white house. I would assume that there's a few fighters in the air with order to shoot the plane down if it doesn't change course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Kensai

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger
    Looks like my demo isn't gonig to happen - possibly world war three will instead. This is so ****ed up. The Internet has gone mad. I can't access any news site so I'm on the rumor mill.

Hear a lot of offices in America are telling people to go home. Can hear SKY news worried about attacks in England.

IMO they should ground all planes immediatly like they did in the states. It's too much but it's better than doing too little.

Sky News is the best tv channel, canary wharf being evacuated, all flights in UK being grounded, another plane crashed S.E. of pittsburgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

most of london central seems to be going home.
    girlfriends 2 brothers are on way home from city.
    damn internet, cant get anything...

oh dear god i hope my sis wasn't there... she's on hol's over there at the mo n was planin on going to newyork this week :(

• Advertisement

Debris from the WTC hit a primary school.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

One plane was American Airlines flight 11, a 767 (or 737?) from Boston to LA, with 300+ passengers. NY police say the other plane was hijacked from Boston too, rumor is 90+ passengers.
    There's footage of the second crash (see below).
    The other may have been United Airlines.
    A Palestinian group "Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine" was said to have claimed responsibility (according to Reuters, reporting Abu Dhabi TV) -- but the BBC contacts at the DFLP HQ deny it's their work. (The group is a small splinter group of the PLO, and hasn't been involved in hijacking in the past.)
    Interview with the DFLP leader on BBC news, denying all responsibility.
    (both towers collapsed)
    Stock market has ceased trading.
    All US airports now closed.
    International flights into the US cancelled also.
    All roads into NYC closed.
    All Washington DC government buildings being evacuated.
    People seen jumping from the windows of the World Trade Center.
    Boston Hancock tower shut down.

A 757 is also said to have also crashed into the Pentagon. US officials now confirming a plane was hijacked from NY to DC, crashed into a Pentagon helicopter pad.

10:00: One tower has collapsed, the other is still standing.
    10:30: Both towers have now collapsed.
    10:30: And now a car bomb outside the State Department.
    10:40: Another large plane crash of a 767 in Somerset County Pennsylvania at around 10:00. Eight miles east of Jennerstown (sp?), SE of Pittsburgh.
    10:45: Another building next to the WTC has collapsed.
    10:45: Pentagon partially collapsed.

Since I know a lot of people can't get to news sites...

Iseral has abandond all diplomatic relations around the world? (not confirmed

It is a mess :(

the reporters on the TV are even crying.

plane has crashed at pittsburg just now.

rumor mill says still 4 planes in the air. Hope to christ they're wrong............

There is defo at least one plane still in the air. Air force has been sent to intercept.

A person who answered the phone on the trading floor at interdealer-broker Cantor Fitzgerald, located near the top of the World Trade Center, said: "We're f***ing dying," then hung up. There was screaming and yelling in the background. A follow up call was not answered.
    dear god my prayers go out to those ppl n their families

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

one wing of the pentagon has collapsed,firefighters are still battling to keep the fire under control.
    Fighters in the air cant shoot down the plane because it is flying over populated land

I'm reading the same thing in another forum - but they say Fox news phoned and the quote was "we're dying up here".

Car bomb has just exploded outside the Pentagon now.

Some piccies on CS forum as well.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30986

• Advertisement

When exactly are Ireland going to chair the security council? Are we chairing it now? If we are I hope to Christ we do the right thing.

Boston is being evacutated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

What's the story with that plane that was on the way to the White House? This is my only source of information left available on the Web.

CONFIRMED: Jesus; US Air Force has confirmed they have special Rules of Engagement to fire upon any aircraft in the Washington and New York area.

FAA says there are serval aircraft unaccounted for.

I knew they'd end up shooting planes out of the sky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

One of the head honchos of the Trade Towers has just said that from 8.30 to 9.00 there would be approximately anywhere up to 30,000 people in each tower, including staff and guests.

-Ross

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Rattle

American Airlines have said they are missing two irplanes with 156 passengers on board. Dont know if thats 156 each or altogether.

Originally posted by Rattle
    American Airlines have said they are missing two irplanes with 156 passengers on board. Dont know if thats 156 each or altogether.
    Between them apparently.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I wonder what impact this is going to have on the world..
    world war some say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Will there be a Nuclear retaliation ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement