Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twin towers attacked!

Options
  • 11-09-2001 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

My cousin works in amercain express in those towers..:(
    God I hope she is all right..:(
    DemonBaby...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

3 planes hit the WTC towers in new york.

1 tower has fallen over.

1 plane has hit the pentagon.

All air traffic in th US has been ordered to land immediately

wtc2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Thats some serious *hit

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Reports of a car bomb goin off exploding outside the U.S state deptpartment.
    White House.Treasury and pentagon evatcuated.
    if you ask me this isnt a big surprise if gore had been president this probably wouldnt have happened , president bush hasn't made much friends since becoming president has he?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

second tower has just collapsed , and another hi jacked plane is on its way to washington

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

0,,2001310232,00.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Hello. I have the mental dexterity of a retarded Lithuanian co<k polisher. As such I invite you all to email me to discuss my simply fascinating views on world affairs.

Any more trolling posts from you and you're banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

both towers have collapsed

a section of the whitehouse has collapsed

a car bomb outside the U.S. state depatment

israeli embassies all over the world have been evacuated

arafat has condemed the attacks

germany summoned defense council

another plane plane being monitored en route to washington

j

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Edit to remove a quoted post which has also been edited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

blah blah i have sympathy for the friends and families of those killed in this act of terrorism.. but what the hell has this got to do with CS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭-GiNk-

Its an unbelievably collosal tragedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I dont know I'd say this is gonna be something real serious like no way will America sit back and do nothing they might level africa or something if those guys from Afganastin (spelling?) did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Afghanistan is in Asia.
    But you are right...if Bin Ladin aint handed up on a platter....The **** may hit the fan over there.
    Nem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

"a section of the whitehouse has collapsed "

er
    the pentagon actually
    the whitehouse is still standing intact

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

mdf50457.jpg

Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden, shown Dec. 23, 1998, warned three weeks ago that he and his followers would carry out an unprecedented attack on U.S. interests for its support of Israel, an Arab journalist with access to him said September 11, 2001. The editor of London-based al-Quds al-Arabi newspaper said Islamic fundamentalists led by bin Laden were 'almost certainly' behind the attack of the World Trade Center in New York. (Rahimullah Yousafzai/Reuters)

red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭A$$A$$IN

Hurray Bush will now wage World war 3.

The econemy will collapse.

Some country will be literlly destroyed.

Summary:America is Fu<ked..

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭eoge

i'm disgusted and scared. were all f ucked. this is just the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

its insane... i just got back from USA a couple of days ago myself. One of the planes hijacked was from Newark to San Francisco i think it was... the exact flight my brother took last friday.. :eek:

one of my bro's best friends whom I know very well because he came to stay with us in ireland for a few weeks is an accountant who was working in the World Trade center building, but on a lower floor, so i'm hoping hes ok but theres no communication from ordinary people in NY.

think like... there were more ppl in those 2 buildings than there are in Galway City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Isegrim

I have many coworker's who are from America and the whole
    company stood still.
    The little son of a secretary called, they have friends who work in the wordtradecenter,
    he was yelling so loud that the whole office could hear his words -"They are jumping... They are jumping out of the window's"-

I just want to know why difficulties between some "groups" always are fought with the blood of innocents?!

Isegrim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CriminallyInsane

No. This is it. Nostradamus' prediction is coming true. WWIII is gonna start and the whole world will bew destroyed(probably by a doomsday device).:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Well what a nice subject to learn about after school. I didnt believe it at first. My mother and sister were in new york luckily the car broke down before they reached manhatten.

It is a disaster, the biggest attack on US soil since Pearl harbour. Clearly its going to control American public views for the next decade. If we last that long. All sense and rationality has gone out the window i see a very big counter attack, also there goes the arabs chance of even seeing a chance of peace in middle east. IT is going to be a very dark time for the next 5 years. I pray not just for the saftey of inocent life but also for the mind of politicions that we dont all go to war, or worse.

p.s The attack is Michaels Collins attack strategy taken to the extreme.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

Edit to remove a quoted post which had also been edited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Glocksie

Underneath that thin veneer of civilisation we are all still animals.

And just like animals will attack members of the same species.

Bigger brains and thumbs or no......we have an appetite to kill members of our species thats programmed into us long before we found what we call today being civilised.

There has always been wars and suffering around the globe at any given time. Today is no different just more publicised then other parts of the world.

While all normal people feel empathy with those that we see suffer.

We all thank our own Gods that it is not us that suffer.

May they all find peace................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

terrible tragedy

But there is no need for sweeping statements like" nuke the ..."
    I just hope that some shred of reasoning and moderation will prevail and that people shouting nuke/kill etc. will not win any ground. Retalliation of the US is, however, likely given Bush's prepensity to aggressive and threatening behaviour. One can only hope that nobody else is drawn into it, apart from the current lack of a physical target (which is just as well).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

As someone said , Its like something out of a Tom Clancy novel :/ , I mean the carnage in the US is just unreal , I mean obviously theyre have been previous bombings ,but Nothing since Oklahoma has even come close to the feeling ppl are feeling now ...the whole scope of it hasnt set in yet ,I mean 10000? causualties its been put at ...the mind boggles however It does have two immediate implications from an Irish Perspective

A:The world economy is now , I mean the price of oil is something like 30 dollars a barrel now , And when it does all go to ****e ,well be hit hard
    B:This is VERY bad timing for the Shinners, The Farc thing just behind them , Gerry adams on a Visit to Cuba and scheduled for a visit to the US in a week , it could well mark a very sour turn in Relations between SinnFein and the US , the Farc collusion going a long way for tarring us with the same brush as the Middle Eastern groups :/

To surmise though ,its going to be a very Dramatic week or so , with alot of Change in US foriegn policy , much like when the first Terrorist attacks on the US a decade ago , and yet much worse I suspect

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

I am a cretin. Please disregard anything I say as the ramblings of a single-celled organism. Dense, ignorant, and moronic do not do justice as a description of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Bush will now come under tremendous pressure to retaliate using any means possible. Given Bush's... less than tactful or deferential foreign relations he will be much more likely to heed calls in his own country to launch military operations against the perpetrators than those from other countries that will encourage restraint.

It now looks likely that a Palestinian terrorist group was responsible for this act. (I say likely because Osama Bin Laden was warning that something like this would happen). If that is the case, it may give Israel US licence to pursue it's agression in Palestinian areas such as the Gaza strip.

The level of organisation and co-operation was indeed impressive, and highlights the level of fanaticism and determination of terrorist groups. It demonstrates that whatever one's beliefs or doctrines, they are never safe from bloody attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Your right swiss that way the enacted this attack is just scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by swiss
    Bush will now come under tremendous pressure to retaliate using any means possible.

I don't think people realise the feelings here at the moment in the US. Nearly everyone is completly polorised by this incident.

Even people who preached peace are now saying there should be action.

If any country had admitted to this today, you could take a good bet that it would be knocked back into the stone age before the end of the week.

The problem is that there is a lot of anger and no one knows where to direct it except what where they are being told. No know knows 100% who did it, but if the TV says Bin Laden did it, I would recommend Muslims avoid people until they have cooled down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

:eek: its disgusting , someone should be punished and most likely will cos o bush

In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" , "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654'

were doomed:(

g

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Originally posted by Predator
    :eek: its disgusting , someone should be punished and most likely will cos o bush

In the City of God there will be a great thunder,Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" , "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654'

were doomed:(

So george had a fight with Jeb Bush.

DID YOU KNOW that George Bush seniour was director of the FBI?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement