Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Washed driving licence!

Options
  • 05-10-2005 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

I have this friend, and my friend forgot to check his pocket and has managed to wash his driving licence. He's learned his lesson and his licence is now clean.

What he was wondering was, how do you get it replaced? Is it as simple as walking in and handing in your old licence and getting a new one or will he have to fill in a new form? Also how much will this cost? All the info under the laminate is fine but it's starting to fall apart if it's taken out of it's wallet.

He'll be going down tomorrow lunchtime to the tax office but it'd help if he knew if he needed to bring photos, cash etc. with him.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Well he had better visit his local garda station first!
    If your licence is still in date you will need:
    Application Form D800 (stamped and witnessed at a Garda Station)
    2 identical passport type photos signed on the reverse by the applicant
    Fee of €5.00
    Photographic I.D. is required for all duplicate licence applications

If your licence has expired you will need:
    Application Form D8A (stamped and witnessed at a Garda Station)
    Renewal Form (D401 for a Full Licence or D201 for a Provisional Licence)
    2 identical passport type photos signed on the reverse by the applicant
    Appropriate Fee

Forms D800, D401 and D201 cannot be downloaded but are available at Libraries and Garda Stations or e-mail us at motortax@dublincity.ie and we will post the required form to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Thanks Brian,

I've just found the relevant page on Oasis now so I'll pass it on to him.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

If you can still read the details it shouldn't need to be replaced, my brothers' have gone through the wash many times, they reckon they should be replaced sometime after the 17th time

Advertisement