Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dandelion Nightclub

Options
  • 05-10-2005 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

So whats the story, is Dandaline any good ??? Also whats the crowd like on a Friday night, and what s the cost like...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Well I was in it last Saturday. It's not bad - free in around 9'ish anyway. Big place, restaurant / bar upstairs which was jammed. Downstairs is a nightclub with a fairly young crowd (17 - 22 majority I guess). Seemed like an alright bunch, all dressed well, not a tracksuit in sight. Drink seemed a smidge on the pricey side, was at the bar waiting for a few pints at one stage and did not see one other person ordering a pint...which was a bit weird.

Anyways - its more or less a run of the mill nightclub, nothing to make it memorable / different from the rest of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

where is this place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Where the old dandelion market used to be beside the Stephens Green centre. (Used to be Planet Hollywood?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

how late is entry free?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i dunno, free aloto nights, its kinda crap imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭AndyWarhol

Yeah, I was there once and I'll never go back. It's tacky as hell and obviously the person who designed it picked up all the furniture/lights/aluminium out of a commercial catalogue.
    Then there was a serious leak and the whole place had to be evacuated at 11pm.
    It's full of generic types (probably commuter class from Celbridge/Ratoath) sporting ripped jeans, a t-shirt with a random number, spikey hair and skinny girls drinking WKD's.
    Oh and a pint of beer will set you back €5.50. Although the people who drink there probably think that if it costs a lot, it must be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Sue*

It is really bad, the music actually replays at one stage at the night..so either they play a tape in this place or the DJ is RRREEEAAALLLLYYYY bad.

I most definately will not if i can help it be going back there again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I was there last night. it was a cd on repeat basicly, and €5.50 a pint is a joke. :mad:
    nice talent.
    Major whack of D4 in it though all in all wasnt impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

AndyWarhol wrote:
    It's full of generic types (probably commuter class from Celbridge/Ratoath) sporting ripped jeans, a t-shirt with a random number, spikey hair and skinny girls drinking WKD's.

That's hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭AndyWarhol

ClareBear wrote:
    That's hilarious!

Yeah, especially for you seeing as you're from Maynooth!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

How do you know these people are from Celbridge etc just by looking at them? Half the people in Dublin dress like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Meant to be going there on saturday night. Anybody there last saturday? Was it any good? Or are the comments im seeing above what it's going to be like on saturday aswell!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I was meant to be going last saturday but it looked absolutely jammed to the brim.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

will be there for a bit on fri, better be good!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 05Donovan

I was there the night the Place was flooded. Apparently some dimwit set off the fire alarm in the toilet. Personally, I'd rather vamoose when the alarm goes off, as I have a natural aversion to roasting alive! I have to say I thought the place was pretty decent, except for the price of the beer and the music on a loop( DJ is probably related to the alarm setting off dude!), but I wouldn't rush back to the club. The food is great, though you sure wouldn't bring the granny along to it, unless the old tart likes spice!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Teller

It was far too packed when I went there, could barely breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Gave this place a second try last night and it was worse than the first time.

Where do i begin, lets start on the most important part of any bar/club the Drink.
    In the space of about 3 weeks the price of a pint went from €5.50 to €5.70 :eek: WTF How are they gettin away with it, it wouldn't bother me as much if the pints were nice but the Bud/Heino tasted like sparkiling water.

The mens Toilets were in bits, always jammers with drink/piss and broken glass all over the floor.

The place got way too packed. the bouncers were still letting people in at 1am despite the fact the place was like a sardine can

The music actually improved from the last time, none of the songs were repeated. the music was actually mixed together fairly well too.

My biggest problem wit the place was the crowd the people that occupy this so called 'place to be'
    Everyone and i mean everyone, bar the people i was with, were pure A**holes they were all a pack of 'mydaddyboughtmepintofheinomarlborolightsjollygoodshowroysh' D*&kheads.

They were all ignorant and stuck up their own arses. You get pushed, shoved and skipped in the line for the bar and toilet with no acknowledgement, no apology or excuse me. I have been to some SH!T hole clubs with the scum of the earth in them before and the people in them say sorry or excuse me.

Why cant the so called 'Crem de la Crem'/D4 people of society do it they can do it in lilles why not this place.

I now give this place a hazard warning dont go unless YOU are one of the people who i described above, or a scumbag with a crowd of people ready to cause some major havoc in the place and kick some D4 ass.:p

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Glad i was too hungover to go the other night now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 safrodite

A friend recommended that club and I was planning to go there next weekend, but I'm a bit put off reading all these threads... I was looking for a nightclub in Dublin that ONLY plays black music (hip-hop, r'n'b the whole lot)... I don't get it that most of the clubs play 15 minutes of techno, then 15 minutes of hip-hop, then some rock music, then the charts?!?!

Can anybody recommend a decent nightclub that plays black music?? What about the one underneath Connolly Station? Not the nicest area so I'm not sure what kinda people actually go there!

safrodite wrote: »
    A friend recommended that club and I was planning to go there next weekend, but I'm a bit put off reading all these threads... I was looking for a nightclub in Dublin that ONLY plays black music (hip-hop, r'n'b the whole lot)... I don't get it that most of the clubs play 15 minutes of techno, then 15 minutes of hip-hop, then some rock music, then the charts?!?!

Can anybody recommend a decent nightclub that plays black music?? What about the one underneath Connolly Station? Not the nicest area so I'm not sure what kinda people actually go there!

lol, great post.

emm hiphop....emmmm dunno

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 safrodite

I was told Dandelion is a hip-hop club... Is it not?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

God no it isn't afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I was there about 2 years ago and was shocked when my €5 note wasn't enough for a guinness! My mate was drinking a bottle of Miller that he paid €6 for. We drank a few earlier in his house and paid 75 cent for them. Anyone that happily goes to places like this (i only had the 1 pint:)) regularly are mental, and can never complain about getting ripped off in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

AndyWarhol wrote: »
    Oh and a pint of beer will set you back €5.50. Although the people who drink there probably think that if it costs a lot, it must be good.

What the **** is a commuter class? What the **** kind of area do you think is around Clebridge/Ratoath?

Sorry we aren't some sort of fag-tastic artsy Andy Warhol wannabe type.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I presume it's clientele are still mainly D4 ****?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

If you like lots of stairs, this is the place to go!... fookin ****hole of a place, mixed crowd, wouldnt fancy being in that underground kip if a fire actually did happen. The bar upstairs i suppose wouldnt be a bad place for a few scoops. Andywarhol your a stuck up knob.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement