Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cleaning /cod

• 05-10-2005 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

Hey myself and a few mates are getting together for a small LAN this weekend, and having no access to a dedicated server we'll be hosting off our machines, only problem is, by playing online our cod directories are crudded up with mods etc. Is there anyway to just host a normal game i.e. disable all mods cause at the moment everytime I start a server it runs some xtreme mod or something?

As a last resort i could just re-install but then I'll have to download everything again. So is there any other solution.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

all the mods you have installed should have their own folder in the main cod folder.

eg: c:\program files\call of duty\modname

To remove the mods all you have to do is take these folders out of the cod folder. You can back them up somewhere and just move them back when your finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Tovarishch

I'm amazed that I hadn't noticed those folders before.

Thanks BrokenArrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Yeah cheers, did all that and still some poxy mod was running, turns out i had an errent red-dot-instead-of-crossheir mod hiding where my maps go. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Hey Jonny
    (Bogman here)
    good luck with the LAN and let me know how you get on - thinking of doing the same here (newbridge) shortly.

BTW, Well played on Sunday last- F&L didnt know what hit them! LOL

Stay red
    :)
    Aidan aka defenderdude aka Bogman_the_Commie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

That red dot instead of crosshair could get you on the Master Ban List so be careful with MODs you download off the web...

Anyway, if you want I can take screenshots of my CoD folders so you can compare with what you have to do the clean-up ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

No, thanks anyways, got it sorted, went through it with a fine tooth comb. I think the mod was server side mod as opposed to a client only one, but its gone anyways. Cheers for the help lads.

And Boggers too bloody right the F&L(Feckers and Losers :p) didnt know what hit 'em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Thanks for that CyberGhost! Forgot that tool existed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

You may also have gotten away with just turning downloads off and just hosting normal maps. Then ya wouldent have to download the servers entire main directory.

Advertisement