Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Peel Day - Thursday 13th October

Options
  • 05-10-2005 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

The very first John Peel Day will take place on Thursday October 13th. The day will be a celebration of John's life.* As we all know his dedication and passion for music was immense and he launched many a band’s career.

To celebrate his life and as a thanks to him for years of* listening pleasure, a Dublin event is been held. The details are as follows:

John Peel Day – Thursday 13th October 2005* The Hub, Temple Bar, Dublin

• Luggage
    • Hey Paulette
    • House Of Mexico
    • Female Hercules
    • DJ’s Leagues O’Toole & The Dudley Corporation
    • 9.00pm til late
    • 8 euros all proceeds to Amnesty International

Do come along and join in the celebrations or raise a glass of red wine to salute the world’s greatest DJ.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/johnpeel/johnpeelday/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Hey thats my birthday, I want it back!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭m

The hub is the worst venue ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

blasphemy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

John Peel... uh... what can i say... he rocked, pity he was a lone ranger in the world of corporate music thingy... mind you i think Jools Holland is maybe not filling the shoes but definitely filling one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

ps woohoo... got my third star

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

with the Fall, New Order and others on BBC radio that night I will probably just listin to that as im lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

this was very enjoyable...great tunes & atmosphere

hey paulette were incredibly good

-end-

Advertisement