Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Air Extravaganza

Options
  • 05-10-2005 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

You can see the flyer here:http://www.tubes.ie
    its in the gallery page somewhere.its on on the 16th of this month at the national show centre sowrds.It has a red bull vert demo and a skate,inline,bmx street comp for you guys.
    There will be stalls selling gear and clothes,a f.m.x demo outside and loads of stuff goin on.The bottom line is if it isnt a success know one is going to try and put on another one like it.Its a bit steep to get in at 25 quid.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭asto

Big_Air_Back.jpg

it will be a really sick day, i would love to go but i will be in Scotland, Skating in Livingston Skate park, So i will have to give it a miss!

Asto

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

nice one Asto for putting up the scanned fler...I havnt figured how to do it yet...Ive tried.
    Enjoy Livingston...take a few pics!! :cool:

wideangle wrote:
    nice one Asto for putting up the scanned fler...I havnt figured how to do it yet...Ive tried.
    Enjoy Livingston...take a few pics!! :cool:

I will indeed, i will be filmin for a skate movie over there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

ahh tubes.ie bought sum sk8 gear off em when i was in Cork..should be good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LowriderIreland

Lowrider Ireland will be there with some bikes and parts, stop by and check it out!

http://www.lowriderireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

asto wrote:
    it will be a really sick day

back in my day sick meant vomit

ando wrote:
    back in my day sick meant vomit

Not any more

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

asto wrote:
    Not any more

Right, I now feel old. Very old, in fact.

I was born in the 1980's...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Anyone go, what was it like?
    And was it worth the 25 entry fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Two friends of mine went up to ride their bmx in the street comp.They were charged 25 quid to get in..there was no comp..the red bull vert ramp wasnt there but some fibergalss thing that wasnt strong enough to ride.The f.m.x demo was also crap they were only jumping a 25 foot gap...me friends can do a 25 foot gap and bigger on bmx!!!
    So to the organisers who fleeced the spectators and filled their pockets whit all that cash...I hope yer proud of yourselves...the next time something like this happend no one will go because of yer extravaganza!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

the advertisement for it was like readin a tabloid but it was good in the end..i have some alright footage from it ill upload it later and post the links

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 expn

I know this is an old topic , but i gotta say somethin' ,and i haven't been on the net in awhile........!

Talk about a pile of plop......! Big Air my ass......!
    It ended up costing the guts of 30euro with service charges, and then to top it all off , there wasn't even a proper vert ramp there...! I'm no carpentar , but i've built better ramps stoned and hungover.......! Some of the skaters/bmxers were decent..... But none would be considered professional......
    And when we asked some guy that seemed to be organising it if we could skate the ramp , he said we might be able to later when there's less of a crowd !

I was very disappointed , and would avoid events like this in the future because of it...........!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

01 4310567 was the contact number for more info about tickets (might be ticket master) ..... if you weren't happy, maybe you should contact the event organisers and give them the feedback.
    If you didn't get a skate, then you are right to be p!ssed off ... but you should tell them.

Advertisement