Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essay Cover Sheet?!

Options
  • 05-10-2005 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I heard today in a tutorial that you have to print off an essay cover sheet for your essays to make it official, otherwise the lecturers wont accept it.
    Has anybody any idea where I can print this off from cause I cant find it anywhere on the UCD site!!! Thanks! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

I was told that today too. I think she said it was going to be put up on blackboard or something so we can download it. What tutorial were you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I handed in an Essay with a makesift cover sheet and the office lady said it was fine

• Registered Users Posts: 30 buttercup87

It was a Geography tutorial. I hadn't heard it from any of the lecturers from my other subjects so I dont know if its just for Geography or for every subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Andore

Check outside the department office, there were coversheets outside the sociology office anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

It was a Geography tutorial. I hadn't heard it from any of the lecturers from my other subjects so I dont know if its just for Geography or for every subject.

The tutorial at 12? I was in that tutorial :eek: I haven't heard that about any other subject yet. Maybe they just haven't told us yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

You'll probably be required to have a cover sheet for each of your essays, regardless of year or school. I know they keep the english ones outside teh office in the cubby holes of the press... couldn't tell you about the others. In Philosophy we got them from the office on the day we were handing stuff in and filled it out then.

If you can't get an official cover sheet, just put the details on a plain sheet - typed, they're not accepting handwriting most places these days.

Have your name, student number, essay title, number of words, tutor/seminar leader/lecturer's name on it, the tutorial/seminar/lecture location and time... the usual information.

If you have any questions, e-mail your tutor. They get paid to help you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

usually there's some sort of declaration on it that your pet cat didn't do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Yeah, you have to get it stamped in the office with the date received, or send it via registered post if you won't be in UCD and the date is out of term, as long as the letter is registered, and posted on or before the required date of receipt of essay.

You also have to sign it in. Unless you post it. Ya know...

Advertisement