Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting rid of old TV (1989): best options..?

Options
  • 05-10-2005 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi there, am moving in the next few weeks (from one flat to another house in Dublin 6 five minutes away),
    anyway I have an old 25" Salora TV, new in 1989, not exactly working perfectly but functional

it takes about half an hour to warm up and for the white line across the screen to disappear, we had been using it up until 6 months ago, weren't sure if the haze was from the rabbit ears or the TV, then inherited a newer TV

anyway, it's not in the worst state but probably in this day and age just fit for the scrap heap

what is the best way of getting this off my hands, or even would any places be interested in taking it / passing it on to people who might use it

another problem is that it's heavy and I've no car but could probably get my hands on one to bring it somewhere

do the electrical shops have to take back old stuff cos of the recent legislation? (I won't be buying a new TV in any shop soon, would that affect this?)

PS: it's got remote control...!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The shops only have to take the tv if you buy a new tv from them. AFAIK the dcc have bring centres, I think theres on ein Ballymount.

Advertisement