Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

twin towers

Options
  • 11-09-2001 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

i cannot believe that just happened.....how can someone do that???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

WTC & pentagon in flames.

u better believe GW is gonna be out for blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

originally, that 6 poeple were dead and 1,000 injured....
    and now they reckon there are 50,000 poeple dead...

and now there are a total of 4 plane crashes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manufractured Individual

This is completely unbelievable. I can't actually understand how this has happened. I can't believe that the towers are actually completely gone, it's surreal. It's like the TV is runnning pictures of something out of a science-fiction film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

It's hard not to get caught up in the unfolding events but to step away from it and think what could follow is worrying. This is no Pearl Harbour and while i'd like to see all Irish and Europeans stand by the Americans, it's worrying to consider what may follow - the reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

Im still in disbelief at what happened. I was watchin earlier on just after the first plane hit and all the talk was about a terrible accident. Then I saw the other plane come around and hit the other tower live.
    As for whats going to happen now, I dont even want to think about that. Another war?
    Was anyone else watchin Sky news when the second plane hit???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭indie_chick

oh my god, people are so sick to do that. why? WW3, you never know.........all those poeple. innocent people....just doing what they do....dead...all dead. poeple who helped, dead....parents, children, makes me sick....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Bleh.

For a terrorist organisation [they don't know which one yet] to coordinate so many huge attacks in such a precise amount of time is a massive embarrassment to the US Intelligence forces and Defense forces.

Remember, China, Russia or anybody else probably couldn't manage to bomb the Pentagon, and yet here we have a relatively small group of people who are able to bring the whole country to a standstill and almost certainly push the U.S. into recession.

There'll be war in the Senate before you'll see war on the killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Originally posted by horsekick

Was anyone else watchin Sky news when the second plane hit???

i was... holy fu<k, it was unreal....

just after hearing that a friends sister was working there for the summer... but she is on holidays this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Don Liiamo

The lad asking wheres the crack has the right idea
    We'd all be better off out of our minds while the Yanks go blowing up the world in search of these assholes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Ironically the mayor of new york set up his office for dealing with such events in one of the towers

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

" In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers
    torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb"

"The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

- Nostradamus 1654

Anyone scared??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 velouria

i was in the city when it happened.......... we got a phone calland ran to the nearest television.surreal indeed watching the same footage of carnage and death over and over again, replaying every horrifying moment just in case noone knows abut it. the earlier footage, before the towers collapsed, those people on camera are probably dead now. wiped out and ten million people basically git to see them die an television. Itsstrange that now, in our time of need we are turning to television which sometimes is the cause of huge problems. theyre still showing that footage on every channel, big sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Jen.Jen

Oh my god! this is so scary! I'm ****ing terrified just watching it on the tv. I can't begin to imagine how terrible it must be to be in NYC tonight.....

Originally posted by Scon
    " In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers
    torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb"

"The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

- Nostradamus 1654

He said a whole lotta things. Some, of 'em had to be plausible.

Just thinking about all the people who lost their lives today certainly puts all our 'problems' into perspective. Needless to say by tomorrow morning I'll be back to having 'what am I going to wear?' at #1 on my agenda..... *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

This is all completely mental! And I totally dont trust Bush to stay level headed in this situation...and he has his fingers on a whole lot of buttons.

yeah Bush isn't the first person I'd choose to be at the front of America during this...... anyone who refers to terrorists as 'folks' ain't normal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

Originally posted by PiE

....agreed. But we do live in a vulnerable world. I just never believed we'd ever witness its vulnerability. You live your life, knowing your life is vulnerable, but you carry on with goal and ambition. I never really put it into the context of the world, as in such events can indirectly have a massive impact on your life. . Many confusued thoughts - unsure how to relate to the event or what to expect next. Surreal is right. A simple life is all u could hope for - no more. But it's never gonna be in your own hands or the hands of any gods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

So it happened.....
    maybe this is the beginining of something new....
    the markets will stay closed tomorrow for the first time in history....
    me although planned well the terrorists got lucky..... they wont get lucky again......
    i'll totally and utterly behind behind america .......
    this is mass murder.......
    sorry no excuses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by PiE

Everything he said had no date to match to it. Except for three things and he got all three wrong.

Also a magazine (Skeptical Enquirer?) did a test on the quatrains and give them to 3 different people who were experts in thier fields (Politition, Developer and General). All three were able to take the exact same quatrains and match it to something in thier field.

It is the same princible of "cold prediction" method that phone pyshics use.

Also ever notice that people that claim to predict the future can only do so AFTER the incident has happend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

I condem the actions of these terrorists. They are obviously ****ing nut jobs. Though people seem to be jumping the gun a little and assuming this is an attack from the Middle East. Remember that Oklahoma bomber ? He was American - these wackos could be too.

I wouldn't say that I'm "totally and utterly behind America" as I don't support everything they do - like invest in nucleur power and the like but evidently the American people have a right not to be killed by crazy sucide bombers.

Stop these "folks" George W!

Originally posted by Monkey
    I condem the actions of these terrorists. They are obviously ****ing nut jobs. Though people seem to be jumping the gun a little and assuming this is an attack from the Middle East. Remember that Oklahoma bomber ? He was American - these wackos could be too.

I really can't see 3 Americans crashing 3 different planes into 2 of Americas most famous landmarks, THEMSELVES.

They leave suicide missions up to the fanatics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

I have a book on nostradamus. I had a read today. He actually predicted that earthquake in L.A in 92 was it..., pretty much to the minute it happened.
    So yeah I guess I am scared about what that <unt said. I cant sleep, i keep watchin that footage over and over again. I dont really scare that easily... something just doesn't feel right....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hoolia

i've been watching it pretty much all day, i can't believe it, why would someone/a group of ppl want 2 kill so many inoccent ppl, i don't care how huge you think your cause is you have no right 2decide other ppls fate.

and as for bush saying that he is going 2 revenge the "folks" that killed over 20,000 ppl... j***s it's going 2be another wwar, not only that but a nuclear one...

how did this world get so f**ked-up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

i find myself,irrationally peeved at george...

ironic:
    he spends millions on a *son of star wars*project,protecting them from exterior attack...and we all know that is no help when it's a home attack...
    such stratagy,by the terrorist SWINES,that there is /was very little they could do once the plane is hijacked in the air by pigs,willing to die for *the cause*

Fu<k this sh!t

london has even been partly evactuated! There were threats recently made against america by a certian guy....dont know his name....but this guy who said he had a plan against america, also has a plan for london!
    have they found the united airlines flight 175 yet? jas it been identifieds as one fo the planes that crashed or is it still gone?
    manufractured individual> yeah, thats exactly what it feels like. i still dont think i can quite comprehend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

They've started to pull survivors from the wreckage. Others are trapped in the basements and they've been talking to emergency services by phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Horgenstein

very weird & scary

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hoolia

now they are saying that there were 8planes and the americas shot down 4....

i dunno wheither that's a good or a bad thing...

numbers are now up 2 10,000-20,000 ppl dead...isn't it horrible that all those ppl are just numbers...

Advertisement