Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home hifi setup for portable mp3 player

Options
  • 05-10-2005 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

Apart from the casette adaptor / FM transmitter options, what are people using at home with their portable mp3 players ?

Would they be able to power like a standard hifi amp ?

Perhaps post your setup ?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

just plug it into the aux input using a 3.5mm to phono cable..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yep what he said. Transmitters are crap, at best it is going to be fm quality. Tapes are alright, but even cheapo systems have auxilary phono in these days. I can plug mine in to a cheapo alba surround sound system that cost €75 INCLUDING a divx dvd player.

Since all my music is on the player I am getting a decent surround system for my room. If you are into your sound quality you can get a iriver H1xx which has optical out, lots of stereos and surround systems have optical input.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭coreilly1

Belkin are doing something now called Tunestage

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Product_Id=202792

Its a bluetooth wireless transmitter so you can carry around your player within 10metres of your hifi and it will play through your speakers.It says its for I-pods but I'm wondering is that just a sales pitch and can it be used on any player.

Looks good anyway,saw them on ebay for a bout 150Eu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Ask in Peats/Maplin/another electronics store for a mini jack to phono lead.

Check on the back of your hi fi if you have little white and red ports and if you do you can plug straight from the headphone slot into these ports using that cable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

steveland? wrote:
    Ask in Peats/Maplin/another electronics store for a mini jack to phono lead.

Check on the back of your hi fi if you have little white and red ports and if you do you can plug straight from the headphone slot into these ports using that cable

Thats what works for me and my new stero (450 Watts) happy days. *gloats*

(I dont want someone to come and say the have a bigger stero cause that will just ruin me and i will kill myself so dont, got'it :p )

• Advertisement
Advertisement