Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Custom Titles

• 11-09-2001 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Can everyone get them?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

For once im glad that i'm a no lifer.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

how many posts qualifys someone for 'no life' status?

/me has a new life ambition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by Super Noodle
    how many posts qualifys someone for 'no life' status?

/me has a new life ambition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

how do i change it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

*> User cp
    *> Edit profile

Easy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

hehe, I like your santa, bit like my siggy, which I do not know how added that last bit on.. my passs was left in a puclic area..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I think its a good idea.. but shouldn't some words be restricted to be put into the box.. ie. mine, I'll leave it up for a day for an admin to notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

I don't just mean words like Administrator, Guest, Moderator, etc. Obscene or distasteful descriptors should be watched for closely and dealt with appropriately. Here's a little anecdote (vaguely related)- last night on the RaDoX DoD server(which I admin) there was some obnoxious jellied jackanape calling himself "Piss Down Islam's Throat" I have no idea why I didn't permanent ban him on sight- but after demanding that he change his name, he flamed me for being a "Pakkie-lover" and left the server. Needless to say he's perm-banned now. But it illustrates the possible abuses of the system. Moderators abusing it doesn't worry me- they're always easy to have a dig at, so tend to keep themselves in line (well, except Eamo, but we keep him on because we all like his avatar and special smiley).

Occy

Advertisement