Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waiting 9 months to get connected to digiweb

• 06-10-2005 6:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

i signed up to and paid for a wireless connection in kilkenny (digiweb) 9 last january and still am not connected - this particularly gets up my nose when they have been advertising the kilkenny site as "live" on the website since about last may and also because everytime i phone them i get a different perfectly nice individual who tells me a beautiful story which doesnt correolate even slightly with the previous story i'd heard - it'd like no one in the company has a clue what's going on

any similar experiences / comments

ps isnt it false advertising to say on the website that the service is live when it isnt ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭Tonio

Similar experience to you. I live in Johnstown just outside Navan. I actually managed to get connected last January but the service was crap - slower than dial-up at times. Eventually (after 3 months) they said all customers in the area had to be upgraded..................I am still waiting! I have had no service since around March and despite many phonecalls I have not yet been upgraded. I have given up ringing them and am going to wait for DSL instead no matter how long it takes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

You paid for the connection before they connected you?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Crumble

I waited five months for them to pay me a visit in Johnstown, Navan. when they did arrive the guy didnt even get out of the van he looked in the general direction of the transmitter and said no chance and left me standing there! LOL

Tonio - any idea when eircom intend to get bb to Johnstown?

Tonio wrote:
    Similar experience to you. I live in Johnstown just outside Navan. I actually managed to get connected last January but the service was crap - slower than dial-up at times. Eventually (after 3 months) they said all customers in the area had to be upgraded..................I am still waiting! I have had no service since around March and despite many phonecalls I have not yet been upgraded. I have given up ringing them and am going to wait for DSL instead no matter how long it takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

Blaster99 wrote:
    You paid for the connection before they connected you?

'fraid so - it was on the web - sign up now and pay for the year in advance and get 20% off or something - i wouldnt worry about it too much - if they fail to connect me i'll demand my money back - and failing that small claims court - or court or whatever

ps - carphone warehouse claim to be starting a wireless service here - and also with irish broadband

Advertisement