Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noisy Students

• 06-10-2005 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

There are three houses of noisy students living in the same estate as me.The houses are side by side. They go out three times a week . I dont mind them going out but they just hang arround outside their houses for about an hour beforehand talking and shouting .

This happens regularly anytime between 11 and 12.30 . They then call a taxi , but are never out on time for the taxi - so he end up sounding his horn 3 /4 times. Eventually , it quietens down around 12 or one when they head out / off to a club , only for the same noise and things to happen again at half two or three when they return.

I dont mind them going out etc - its just the noise they make - if they stayed inside their houses- the noise mightened be so bad.

What should I do to get them to quieten down ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Newshound

stink bombs.
    Plant them all around the front of the house.
    When they step on one they'll run in side.

You can see i'm getting in the spirit of halloween already :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

HAHAHAHA!!!

Find out who the landlord is (don't ask them, tho, or they'll know who grassed on them), and complain about the noise. Most landlords give a sh|t,m as they know complaints are bad. Students live in fear of the landlord "dropping by", exp when they're not meant to have parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

1:
    talk to the students, most students will stop if you ask them
    if not working
    tell the landlord
    if not working
    call the gardai

2:
    its illegal to beep your horn in a residential area after a certain
    hour
    get taxi reg
    phone taxi company and tell them to stop doing it
    if not working
    call the gardai with the reg details and times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Newshound

block your mobile number and order taxis and pizzas to their door every night until noone will deliver or pick them up anymore :)

Seriously though. The landlord route is the best option

Advertisement