Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Web Dev. Software

Options
  • 06-10-2005 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Guys, this isn't a web issue, but it's relevant, though I'm sure most of you have noticed.

I've been using DreamWeaver in work for some time now, so I've gotten used to it, and I have trouble switching to other solutions - they just don't have the automation I need, particularly in terms of project/site management. I want to go "legal" with my copy of Dreamweaver MX at home, so I went onto the Macromedia site, to check it out. It's listed there at $400 (€331). If you go onto their online shop, it asks you to choose your location, so I choose UK (doncha hate that?). The price then becomes STG£339 (€500). That's an increase of more than 50% on the price, even though the method is identical (download). :mad:

Is there anywhere online this software can be bought, or is it possible to buy keys retroactively, like MS do?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Ebay maybe? I know they have lots of versions of the academic version of Studio (dreamweaver,flash,etc) for cheap, but you see the odd regular version up there too at a discount on shop prices.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ebay also has loads of copied versions so make sure to check if you are going this route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Yeah - the copied ones are usually priced at about a tenner and the real ones in the hundreds, so it should be easy to distinguish between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭canker

you can buy a new copy on amazon for £117

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Whereabouts?

Amazon.co.uk has DW8 for £370 and MX (used) for £180. Amazon.com doesn't ship software to Europe.

I reckon ebay is probably the best bet, cheers guys. I already saw a few people selling cd-rs with keys as "backups". :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

found a link to this after searching amazon for 'dreamweaver'
    Download DW 8 for $29 via paypal
    www.c1soft.com/download/

I can't make out whether this is cochure or not* - appears to be and the sites owners details are available on a whois.

These software programs are copies of retail versions, they do not include a box or paper manual. But don't worry they work just the same and include serial numbers for full unlimited use.

DW 8 Upgrade on amazon for $190

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

"Can I register/activate this software?

All copy protection has been removed so you don't need to register/activate this software. You can still download updates for some programs like Office 2003."

KBannon, You are an optimist.

We should all protest to Macromedia about their rip off pricing for Europe.

Advertisement