Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blueface vs Broadtalk

• 06-10-2005 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all,

I'm planning to get VoIP as soon as I get broadband (with NTL) installed next Monday. I'm also waiting to see what kind of modem/router do they give me but I will probably end up buying one Linksys WRT54GP2 from either Blueface or Pixmania.

Anyway, I know there is some happy Blueface costumers around here. And actually I got Blueface recommended by several people (including CISCO employees) but as everyone I’m trying to get the best deal possible.

Broadtalk rates are cheaper and the more important thing, if you want to get a number and all the services on Blueface you need to get a Package (10 eur min) but in Broadtalk you can go for the Pay as You Go option and still get all the services.

So the question is… Is there any Broadtalk costumer that could tell me anything about their service? Are they good or is worth paying a bit more to Blueface for a better service?

What is the best VoIP provider? 25 votes

Broadtalk
    0% 0 votes
    Blueface
    4% 1 vote
    Skytel
    96% 24 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

I have no experience with Broadtalk and Pixmania but as for BlueFace, I give my vote. Their rates might not be the cheapest but customer service is a "golden class" rated :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

i joined broadtalk - on the pay as u go - just paid 5 euro - got my local dublin number - just using a softphone for now.

so far so good, cheap way of getting an incoming line! Like Fawkes, i didn't want to be held by a monthly commitment.

Had a problem with X-Lite softphone but they emailed me a fix.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Blueface:
    Been using them since March/April not sure which, good customer service, overall I'm happy with the setup and the €10 package suits my needs perfectly.
    I just wish BT would get off their ass and unbundle my line so I don't have to pay eircom any money :mad:
    Two people I know have also started using Blueface during the summer and their also happy with it.

Broadtalk:
    The packages they offer look good however I've had no experience with them at all so I can't say anything further.

Skytel:
    Somewhat similar packages to Blueface,
    I don't believe I've even heard of somebody on boards using this service, shame that they don't allow number porting like broadtalk & blueface do. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Been trialing Blueface over my 1Mb NTL Connection, and have found it fine. But problems in calling the UK (3sec delay in conversation). Was on to them, and they have asked me to try again (will do over the weekend). Said maybe it was a specific route or something?
    Maybe a 2Mb Connection would be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

I have Blueface and can't complain. Their website says they do do a pay as you go option. I don't have it but at the bottom of their frontpage it says they do provide it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Yeah they provide it. I don't think you get your own number though. The 9.99 package does me easily though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

one bad thing about Broadtalk - the dublin number they give you does not appear on the caller display of the landline you ring - the recipient sees a generic broadtalk number which is bloody confusing.

I think blueface have this side of things sorted though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

signed up to blueface this afternoon.

tested the caller ID by calling my mobile. sure enough the number comes up on the mobile.

so , yes, blueface have it sorted

Advertisement