Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote: ODTR jeopardises September launch of broadband DSL

Options
  • 11-09-2001 7:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

This seems to have only been added to the Eircom site today (I was in the press releases section earlier today and the last update was June at that time).

ODTR jeopardises September launch of broadband DSL

One word: CHEEK !!!

BTW, it looks like they've had the marketing stuff ready for a while, they even have an i-Scream Flash movie on the front page of the Business section. Pity they weren't able to create the actual webpage without the broken image, eh?

<BA Baracus>Pity the fool!</BA Baracus>

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by dahamsta
    i-Scream Flash movie

LOL ;) , Thats the first and probably only laugh I'll have on this extremely depressing day ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

"ODTR jeopardises September launch of broadband DSL"

So now the compost heaps at Eircom are blaming the ODTR for their slow ADSL rollout? Moreover, at the seminar, they were basically saying that the fact that people here use the Internet for so few hours per month compared to our neighbors who have flat-rate access is not because of the cost, but because we are, in other words, too dumb to use the Internet, and can not figure out how to find information on it etc. What an insult! What a display of arrogance! It really looks like they're trying to frame everybody else, even though the blame clearly lies on their own shoulders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

What I'd like to know is what was the original price €ircon submitted to the ODTR if the prices released yeterday were post ODTR vetting.

I can only imagine prices originally submitted for the personal / solo user were about £150 :mad:

€ircon you are a disgrace. Its always "Lets play the blame game".
    At least when other Telco's blame ppl they have some legitimacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

It's weird. The people who are following this issue closely enough to know what ADSL and ODTR mean are not going to be fooled by this sort of marketing nonsense from Eircom. Just who do they think they are pitching this to? :mad:

K

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

To them it seems like a big PR game.

It's the consumer like us who suffer, especially with such prices.

I think the time has come for someone (ODTR or Govt) to take some real action. The prices and cap are just farcical.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

Originally posted by 80project.com
    What I'd like to know is what was the original price €ircon submitted to the ODTR if the prices released yeterday were post ODTR vetting.

I can only imagine prices originally submitted for the personal / solo user were about £150 :mad:

€ircon you are a disgrace. Its always "Lets play the blame game".
    At least when other Telco's blame ppl they have some legitimacy.

No they submitted wholesale prices, not retail, the wholesale prices havent been settled yet but they have to be settled by the time the retail product launch, because by law they have to sell it at the same price to eircon.net as esat or colt.

all you can be sure of is that its under 77 pounds, the uk wholesale price is 30 pounds and no capping.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

Originally posted by Gladiator

No they submitted wholesale prices, not retail, the wholesale prices havent been settled yet but they have to be settled by the time the retail product launch, because by law they have to sell it at the same price to eircon.net as esat or colt.

all you can be sure of is that its under 77 pounds, the uk wholesale price is 30 pounds and no capping.

According to the Irish Times:
    The original wholesale price was £100
    The price just submitted was 75 Euro
    The price has not yet been approved by the ODTR

Advertisement