Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Jetta

Options
  • 06-10-2005 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know much abou the new Jetta thats coming out.

I heard it was available for test drive later this year. Is that true? And as far as I am aware there are two engine sizes namely 1.9tdi and 1.4. Does anyone have any idea what the price of these will be?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Yeah - due to be available for delivery in December/January.

The car will come with a wide variety of engines, ranging from 1.6-litre with 102bhp up to a 200bhp TFSI unit borrowed from the Golf GTi. The tried and trusted 1.9-litre (105bhp) and 2.0-litre (140bhp) diesel engines will also feature. DSG double clutch transmission will be available on the 1.9-litre diesel and the 2.0-litre TFSI. There will be three trim levels and all cars get Air Conditioning and six airbags.

Prices from €23,000

The new EOS looks nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Looks tasty too,
    Kinda like a beefed up Golf
    b33093-volkswagen-jetta.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

this car does look really nice. and also like a golf:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Downtime wrote:
    Prices from €23,000

That is expensive if you compare that to its bigger brother that goes for €25,500 with the same engine and probably comparable spec levels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I find it run-of-the-mill. Not quite ugly, but there is nothing particularly nice/interesting about it.

Ordinary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭hawker

Obviously I was wrong when I thought the engine size started at 1.4. I think it's a lovely car. Was onto my local garage there and they reckoned it would be late December before anything is available.

GaRth V could you tell me where you got the picture from? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

drdre wrote:
    this car does look really nice. and also like a golf:D

That's because it is a Golf with the boot of the new Passat instead of the hatch.

The people in the VW Marketing department work very hard about once every 6 or 7 years trying to convince us that it is more upmarket, just like the Bora, Vento and original Jetta before it. Don't seem to hold their value like the similar Golf.

bazz26 wrote:
    trying to convince us that it is more upmarket, just like the Bora, Vento and original Jetta before it.

Indeed! 2.5 years ago a good spec Octavia 1.4 was €4000 cheaper than a poverty specced Bora 1.4. Nearly identical cars...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

No idea of price yet, but id be expecting starting price to be around 23k for the 1.6 Trendline.

Heres initial info about it:

Volkswagen announces first details of new Jetta

Released and effective August 19, 2005, Volkswagen has announced details of the new Jetta, due to launched in Ireland in January 2006. The Jetta will replace the outgoing Bora.

The new Jetta will feature styling similarities to the new Golf GTi, Polo and Passat and will be available with seven engines, four petrol units with FSi and turbo technology and three turbo diesel units, with outputs ranging from 102 bhp to 170 bhp. Volkswagen's DSG direct-shift gearbox and an optional six-speed automatic gearbox will also feature.

The Jetta will be available with the following trims: Trendline, Comfortline and Sportline.

Further details are as follows:

Depending on trim choice features will include:
    - climatic air-conditioning
    - ASR
    - six airbags
    - active front headrests
    - electro-mechanical speed-dependent power steering
    - power windows
    - remote operated power locks
    - heated power door mirrors

Dimensions:
    - length: 4.56 m
    - width: 1.76 m
    - height: 1.46 m
    - wheelbase: 2.58 m
    - luggage capacity: 527 liters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

GaRth V could you tell me where you got the picture from? Cheers.
    Just did a Google for it mate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is this the most dull subject ever on motors? ;)

Mike.

mike65 wrote:

I'll go one better and start a thread about the new Toyota Corolla ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

unkel wrote:
    I'll go one better and start a thread about the new Toyota Corolla ;)

28 million customers cannot be wrong. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭hawker

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

?????

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Unkel just reported a post on this thread, I was expecting a 'cat 'o nine tails' style flailing from an angry boards user attacking my judgment and suggesting I was not fit to mod this or any board and instead I see
    ?????

Sheeeze, what a let down! :p

Volkswagen + Jetta = Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. In Clarkson terms such a car is motoring tap water, a potato, a gray day, something that Mr Dull of Dullas
    might buy lest he get overexcited the thought of owning a car..etc.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Sheeeze, what a let down! :p

LOL :D

mike65 wrote:
    Volkswagen + Jetta = Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Our fellow boards.ie member posting all those question marks marking his/her confusion relating to your post might now understand your contribution a little bit better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 brianmacd

hawker wrote:
    Does anyone know much abou the new Jetta thats coming out.

It looks like a toyota corolla or similar from the back - I don't think it's that nice to be honest. The inside is really nice thou.
    The bora was called jetta in north america for the last few years, its' a nicer version of the bora thou, more features. Since we're in Rip off Republic the new jetta will probably be stripped of its luxury items also. I think I saw a jetta on the road the other day, looked good actually - i must have seen it from the front

Advertisement