Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UTV wireless

• 06-10-2005 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Hi, myself and my brother are considering getting UTV wireless broadband. https://ssl2.u.tv/utvclicksilver/hardware.asp?item=wireless

Does anyone else have it, and how good is it? We've done the Eircom trial, and are not going with them, we can't get Smart broadband as we're already subscribers with them (Eircom - who else - have a blocker in so we have to switch the phone back to them first) and we've heard irish broadband isn't the best.

So does anyone know anything much about the UTV service, or have any good info on a viable alternative?

Thanks in advane.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Apparently avoid like the plague. Afriend of mine just left them and he said theyre appaling. Slow connection speeds and terrible support. By the sounds of things digiweb metro is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I ordered it and the first one was broke and then eventually got another one so now have 2???

Their support is muc but speeds are ok with the BT Voyager 2100 & have had no problems with it

now all I have to figure out is how to work an ftp server through a router??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Have to say I'm delighted with UTV.....admittedly the main reason I chose them was for the free UK calls, but I have the standard Clicksilver service & no problems in the 8 months I have it.

I'm using mine Wireless but with the eircom Caymen netopia 3347 router. I took the Eircom wireless trial and didn't take it up after the three months, but you keep the router (admittedly it costs ya €99).

Seems to work fine with UTV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

the configuration is the same for all Irish ISP's apart from the username and password obviously on all Irish DSL companies so its relatively easy to change ISP with them if its a DSL company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Jakkass wrote:
    the configuration is the same for all Irish ISP's apart from the username and password obviously on all Irish DSL companies so its relatively easy to change ISP with them if its a DSL company

this is awful advice and totaly wrong.you get a 12 month contract, so can not change for a year ,with out paying a penalty.
    i have also heard in alot of cases, it can take 4 weeks for one isp to release your line and another to connect you.
    where did you get the idea that it was just the password that had to be changed? first your current isp has to release your line, then the new isp has to connect it to their DSLAM in the exchange.
    its not too complex but isp's in this country tend to be very slow to act.

• Advertisement
Advertisement