Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on UK Compatible TV Tuning

Options
  • 06-10-2005 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy a LIteOn LVW-5045 - DVD recorder / HDD recorder from amazon .co.uk.

Have been told that the one thing to look for when buying from the UK is that the machine is capable of tuning in the stations over here. I have no idea what the Tuning band or whatever it's called is over here. :confused:

Specs say the following

TV Tuner: - PAL-B, PAL-G, PAL-D, NTSC-M, SECAM-L, PAL-K

Can anyone help as I could do without buying a machine that won't pickup my NTL Digital stations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ffocused

It will work fine on cable. you will only have problems if you use an aeriel for the 4 terrestrial channels. (you might not get RTE1/2) depending on the transmitter you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

thats great, thanks for the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Don't we use PAL I here? Maybe that's the same as one of the ones listed above (at least for UHF). Reason I wonder is that the PALs vary by the offset in MHz of the sound channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

Correct. PAL-I is used here and in the UK.

You'll get a picture on other PAL flavours but no/messed-up sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

Does any one know what the frequency range for irsh television is ? there is a Liteon dvd on svp .co.uk i was thinking of getting works out at €129 including shipping and the tuning range is 45Mhz-900Mhz is this enough to get all the stations on vhf and uhf as per ntl basic ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement