Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bananarama

Options
  • 06-10-2005 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Watching some digital music channel last night, and up pops a vid with 2 birds. The details come up and there's the name of the "band": Bananarama. Now, as far as I could detect, niether of the women were from the Bananarama I remember as a boy (Really Saying Something, Venus, etc) and there used to be 3, but surely, there's some sort of copyright issue with band names. If not, I'm going to call my band "The Beatles" and see how long it takes people to realise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I hadn't heard of the new Bananarama but this sort of thing is fairly widespread, espeicially at local band level

Check this out for a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Naw - it's them alright. Siobhan Fahey is gone...There was an article in Word Magazine about 'em recently...swear to God, if 20 years of vodka and Marlboro lights has left 'em looking like this, then booze and fags might want to be compulsory sooner rather than later although I realise there's an element of photoshoppage going on here...

What's quite intersting about them, is that their earliest champion was Steve Cook from the Sex Pistols...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Bananarama released their comeback single about a month and a half ago. Keep up people!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Sibhan Fahey left and became part of shakespeares sister.in the early nineties.

Advertisement